Singapore Expats Forum

Hygienic manicure/pedicure recommendations

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

taniato

Hygienic manicure/pedicure recommendations

Postby taniato » Tue, 07 Mar 2017 1:50 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for a hygienic place to get my mani pedi done in Singapore, where they actually disinfect the tools and run them through the disinfecting machine (I forget what it is called).

Thanks so much!

Tania

Singal1

Re: Hygienic manicure/pedicure recommendations

Postby Singal1 » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 9:39 pm

Hi,

I recommend Juup nails in the marina bay link mall. They're really good & they disinfect their instruments. Some of my friends have recommended Snails in orchard to me. I've not been but their nails look great & it's clean. It is a bit more expensive. Hope that helps!

yukiko84

Postby yukiko84 » Sat, 22 Apr 2017 5:12 pm

Hello. I go to BRANCHE in Capitol Piazza. I think the nail artist has very good techniques and familiar with latest trends. They have a private room, so it's more relaxing than usual salons.

-Y

Podiatrycaresg

Postby Podiatrycaresg » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 11:10 pm

Hi Guys, I would suggest only receiving treatment by qualified people using instruments that have been sterilised in an autoclave and not shared between customers. Any other methods of sterilisation will not be effective in killing off all bacteria/fungi. Also, any places that utilise basins at the base of the chairs pose further health threats as they may not be effectively sterilised between clients. The water may be changed yet the surfaces cannot be appropriately disinfected with the use of sprays, wipes and such. Just my two cents' worth! ;)