Singapore Expats

Apply for PR Route - Wife citizen

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bananabubu

Apply for PR Route - Wife citizen

Post by bananabubu » Sun, 05 Mar 2017 8:25 pm

Hi guys, I need help and advice on the following:

I'm a Malaysian and Australian PR, got married in Australia to my wife who is Singaporean citizen. We are planning to relocate back to Singapore in the next few months.

I would like to apply for a PR, and would like to know what is the best route to get there. I currently have 2 options:

1. Apply for a DP as my wife's dependent, and then LTDP to PR application

2. Apply for EP, then to PR application

I am a wedding photographer in Australia, and planning to expand here in Singapore. My wife also have set up a new company for another product business that we have ventured last year and doing average well in Singapore.

If I apply for a DP, would I be able to work comfortably while waiting to go into LTDP? Meaning being able to go out and work as a photographer, and also meeting clients.

Thanks guys, appreciate so much your help and advice.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Apply for PR Route - Wife citizen

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Mar 2017 9:26 pm

There is no LTDP. If she is a Singaporean, you would apply for an LTVP (Long Term Visitor's Pass) initially and then apply for PR after about two years. The business route if also viable if it's your wife's company and you are hired through her company and get an EP. But there is no guarantee that that will lead to a PR via the PTS scheme. You will be better off getting an LTVP and then a Letter of Consent to work in the company registered by the wife. Again, give it about 2 years and then apply for the PR.

Oh, and good luck. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bananabubu

Post by bananabubu » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 1:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:There is no LTDP. If she is a Singaporean, you would apply for an LTVP (Long Term Visitor's Pass) initially and then apply for PR after about two years. The business route if also viable if it's your wife's company and you are hired through her company and get an EP. But there is no guarantee that that will lead to a PR via the PTS scheme. You will be better off getting an LTVP and then a Letter of Consent to work in the company registered by the wife. Again, give it about 2 years and then apply for the PR.

Oh, and good luck. ;-)
Thanks for the info.

1. Does the LTVP require me to stay in Singapore within a certain time frame?
2. Who do I apply the Letter of Consent to?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 1:59 pm

Letter of Consent should be applied for by the employer. Applications to the MOM.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers