Singapore Expats

any recommendation for hair dandruff problem?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Alica

any recommendation for hair dandruff problem?

Post by Alica » Sat, 04 Mar 2017 1:23 pm

Hi,

Since relocated to sg, i started having dandruff issue. had tried various type of shampoo and conditioner but nothing works.

Is there any remedies/products you guys can recommend?

x9200

Re: any recommendation for hair dandruff problem?

Post by x9200 » Sat, 04 Mar 2017 1:59 pm

Alica wrote:Hi,

Since relocated to sg, i started having dandruff issue. had tried various type of shampoo and conditioner but nothing works.

Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo. You can only buy it at a pharmacy (at least this was the case in past) - try one in Guardian or Watsons.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Mar 2017 10:00 pm

Headblade®
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cherrydove

Post by cherrydove » Mon, 06 Mar 2017 10:06 am

Hi probably you can try Extra Virgin Coconut Oil .

Many health benenfits and effective :D :D

zanny23

Post by zanny23 » Wed, 17 May 2017 3:48 pm

Alica wrote:Hi,

Do you have oily or dry scalp??? I have dry and itchy scalp, the loreal sulfate free series worked well for me and nowadays I don't really have dandruff.

You may also want to try Innisfree's Camellia shampoo. It's silicone free, if your current and previous shampoos you've been using contains silicone, it might be one of the reasons why you are facing dandruff issues!!

KenyaF

Post by KenyaF » Tue, 23 May 2017 4:58 am

You said that you have tried "various type of shampoo and conditioner but nothing works". I would think that includes head and shoulders products, but if it doesn't, that is what worked for me.

Had really bad dandruff, and it is just no longer an issue.

But the disclaimer is that everyone is different. Also, I had it when I was young, so if anyone knows if you can grow out of dandruff (not sure about that), that could be an explanation.

urbuhcs

Post by urbuhcs » Mon, 29 May 2017 3:27 pm

Buy a bottle of Nizoral Shampoo from the pharmacist and use twice weekly. On normal day use an anti dandruff shampoo.

Sia White

Post by Sia White » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 9:04 pm

I have used Nizoral, too. It helped me and my child. It is essential to proceed to use it when dandruff vanishes.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 12:08 am

Try head and shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo. Its effective in removing minor dandruff and keeping it away after that. My personal favorite scent is the apple scent, fresh and fruity!

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 12:32 am

I’ve used H&S for over 30 years, pyrithione zinc is the active ingredient and it works. It’s a P&G product, and for this part of the world it’s all manufactured in Thailand.

No matter where in the world I am, my target price for H&S is US$1 or less per 100ml. Here the best deal I’ve found is at Mustafa, for as little as S$6 for the 720ml pump. It’s all the same stuff from the same factory in Thailand, so don’t be fooled into thinking you are getting something better if you pay double the price elsewhere.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

shunkwugga

Post by shunkwugga » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 6:36 am

Nizoral 2x a week (directions on the bottle) and Head and Shoulders the rest of the time. I use an OTC brand I got off Amazon, no clue if that is available in SG. No problems at all using these two, and my dandruff was really severe for a while.
Who is this 'General Failure' and why is he reading my hard drive?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 1:09 pm

I used H&S most of my adult life until all my hair fell out. Sadly it wasn't the H&S but hereditary! The friar Tuck ring (or some call it the toilet seat) that was left got shaved off 14 years ago and I've been a skinhead ever since. But, back in the day, H&S was my go to if dandruff appeared.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lillypad

Post by lillypad » Fri, 04 Dec 2020 1:27 pm

Nizoral is good for dandruff. I also asked for advice regarding this from my usual stylist at our local hair salon. She also recommended to rinse really well after applying conditioner.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sat, 05 Dec 2020 10:11 am

Try loreal anti dandruff shampoo the blue packaging.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)