Singapore Expats Forum

EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

ropt728
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Aug 2015

EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby ropt728 » Thu, 02 Mar 2017 8:23 pm

Hi All,

Need some advice on this

I am malaysian chinese, my salary is 3.6k above, been working for 2 years in singapore. submitted once income tax.
I am employed by an outsource company and working for another company.
But last year till now, I was sent overseas for 1 year not in singapore.

Last month, I was applying for my EP renewal, and the outcome was rejected with this reason given
by MOM

“We are unable to allow you to deploy this candidate to the client firm”

First, Do MOM know outsourcing company do ? or how do they operate ?
If according to what MOM means, then outsourcing company won't have any jobs anymore.

Secondly, anyone of you have experience this ?which your pass rejected due to you being sent overseas ?Is there any possibility that MOM check your presence in singapore ?they sensed that i am not in singapore, that is the reason why they reject my renewal ?
What should I do to get my pass approved ?


Any advice on how do i prepare my appeal letter ?
what are the chances i can get approval if i appeal on this case ?



Thank for all the advice and help
really appreciated

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 02 Mar 2017 9:53 pm

ropt728 wrote:Hi All,

Need some advice on this

I am malaysian chinese, my salary is 3.6k above, been working for 2 years in singapore. submitted once income tax.
I am employed by an outsource company and working for another company.
But last year till now, I was sent overseas for 1 year not in singapore.

Last month, I was applying for my EP renewal, and the outcome was rejected with this reason given
by MOM

“We are unable to allow you to deploy this candidate to the client firm”

First, Do MOM know outsourcing company do ? or how do they operate ?
If according to what MOM means, then outsourcing company won't have any jobs anymore.

Secondly, anyone of you have experience this ?which your pass rejected due to you being sent overseas ?Is there any possibility that MOM check your presence in singapore ?they sensed that i am not in singapore, that is the reason why they reject my renewal ?
What should I do to get my pass approved ?


Any advice on how do i prepare my appeal letter ?
what are the chances i can get approval if i appeal on this case ?



Thank for all the advice and help
really appreciated

Interesting ... maybe MOM had enough of outsourcing going south.

Waiting for others to chime in.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Mar 2017 11:34 pm

Where was you overseas posting?

ropt728
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Aug 2015

Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby ropt728 » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 9:58 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Where was you overseas posting?


Some archipelago country near Australia.

Need urgent advice
Is there anyone getting the same reply from MOM ?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 10:27 am

You have multiple problems.

First, you are working for a body shop that hires you out to other companies. It would appear that MoM no longer wishes to grant EP's to body shop companies. They have realized that in doing so, they are undercutting young Singaporean graduates.

Next, you have been working overseas for a year. Unless your contracting company was scamming, you had to pay income taxes in your offshore location and not in Singapore. So, if you're not working in Singapore, why would you need a Singapore employment pass?

And you say you were working in, "Some archipelago country near Australia". What's that mean? That sounds dodgy. Why didn't you just specify the country in which you were working?

I judge that your appeal will be a waste of time. Here's what it looks like... you get an EP through a body shop. The company they contract you to sends you overseas. Why weren't you simply contracted overseas?

I'd get ready for plan B... because I'd bet a good amount of money that there is no appeal that is going to work.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 10:40 am

Strong Eagle wrote:And you say you were working in, "Some archipelago country near Australia". What's that mean? That sounds dodgy. Why didn't you just specify the country in which you were working?
.


Singaporean companies have been successful in winning projects in PNG. Possible OP was one of those.

But for a Malaysian to be cold shouldered by MOM seems bit serious in my opinion...

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 10:55 am

ecureilx wrote:Singaporean companies have been successful in winning projects in PNG. Possible OP was one of those.


Yes, I know that... and OP could have just said PNG instead of waffling.

And, why isn't the Singaporean company hiring locals to go to PNG or wherever, instead of employing a body shop? That's what's going to kill OP's chances.

ropt728
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Aug 2015

Re: RE: Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby ropt728 » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 11:15 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
ecureilx wrote:Singaporean companies have been successful in winning projects in PNG. Possible OP was one of those.


Yes, I know that... and OP could have just said PNG instead of waffling.

And, why isn't the Singaporean company hiring locals to go to PNG or wherever, instead of employing a body shop? That's what's going to kill OP's chances.



Is not local SG company, the HQ is based in China.
What does OP means ?

ropt728
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Aug 2015

Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby ropt728 » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 11:48 am

Anyone know regarding EP reject ?
If EP was rejected, Can i reapply again ?or i cannot apply EP forever in my life ?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 11:58 am

Until we get some upright answers as to the details of how and why, not likely as we've nothing to go on. Basically, if you were not working in Singapore you were not supposed to be on an EP and the MOM is now aware of that so it's not likely you are going to get a renewal. It's also likely that you may well not get another EP if MOM suspects you knew that you were not working in Singapore, you might not get another EP with another company either as they know what collusion is. You don't need a EP from Singapore to work in a foreign country and in fact, you shouldn't have had one unless the body shop made misrepresentations to the MOM. Not the first time a body shop has flouted the rules. Not having to pry information from the person seeking information would help a lot.

“We are unable to allow you to deploy this candidate to the client firm”


Sounds like there might be some restrictions to sending people from Singapore to the work location or to that particular client, regardless of the fact that you are working for a bodyshop. Something is fishy and we don't know and haven't been given all the details. You are on your own.

ropt728
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Aug 2015

Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby ropt728 » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Until we get some upright answers as to the details of how and why, not likely as we've nothing to go on. Basically, if you were not working in Singapore you were not supposed to be on an EP and the MOM is now aware of that so it's not likely you are going to get a renewal. It's also likely that you may well not get another EP if MOM suspects you knew that you were not working in Singapore, you might not get another EP with another company either as they know what collusion is. You don't need a EP from Singapore to work in a foreign country and in fact, you shouldn't have had one unless the body shop made misrepresentations to the MOM. Not the first time a body shop has flouted the rules. Not having to pry information from the person seeking information would help a lot.

“We are unable to allow you to deploy this candidate to the client firm”


Sounds like there might be some restrictions to sending people from Singapore to the work location or to that particular client, regardless of the fact that you are working for a bodyshop. Something is fishy and we don't know and haven't been given all the details. You are on your own.



Just a quick check.
Does MOM look through your passport or immigration for your current location ?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:20 pm

ropt728 wrote:Just a quick check.
Does MOM look through your passport or immigration for your current location ?


In which country did you pay income taxes last year?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:21 pm

Quoting OP, just in case.

ropt728 wrote:Hi All,

Need some advice on this

I am malaysian chinese, my salary is 3.6k above, been working for 2 years in singapore. submitted once income tax.
I am employed by an outsource company and working for another company.
But last year till now, I was sent overseas for 1 year not in singapore.

Last month, I was applying for my EP renewal, and the outcome was rejected with this reason given
by MOM

“We are unable to allow you to deploy this candidate to the client firm”

First, Do MOM know outsourcing company do ? or how do they operate ?
If according to what MOM means, then outsourcing company won't have any jobs anymore.

Secondly, anyone of you have experience this ?which your pass rejected due to you being sent overseas ?Is there any possibility that MOM check your presence in singapore ?they sensed that i am not in singapore, that is the reason why they reject my renewal ?
What should I do to get my pass approved ?


Any advice on how do i prepare my appeal letter ?
what are the chances i can get approval if i appeal on this case ?



Thank for all the advice and help
really appreciated

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:22 pm

ropt728 wrote:Is not local SG company, the HQ is based in China.
What does OP means ?


What company? What country were you working in?

OP means "original poster"... that's you.

ropt728
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Aug 2015

Re: EP renewal rejected * need help and advice urgently

Postby ropt728 » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:42 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
ropt728 wrote:Just a quick check.
Does MOM look through your passport or immigration for your current location ?


In which country did you pay income taxes last year?

SG


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest