Singapore Expats Forum

Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

amvj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 01 Mar 2017

Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby amvj » Wed, 01 Mar 2017 7:23 pm

Hi,

After completing interview rounds, I have got an offer from OB Logistics, One Raffles place, Singapore.

They have completed the verification through third party agency in India and now they want me to fill Visa forms (Visa Application Form 2. Form 14A & 39A). The problem is they want me to pay $3000 as Bank Guarantee fee.

I checked with many of my friends who are in Singapore and they find this not legitimate. All of my friends did not paid any money for employment. I checked for such fee details in MoM site but cannot find any. I tried to call Ministry of Manpower (MoM) phone but it asks for NOIC / work permit nnumber which I don't have.

P.s I am an Indian citizen in India.

Please advise. Your help is much appreciated.

Below is the email I have received:
-------------
Hi,

We thank you for your pre-submission of candidate’s legal background. We would like to inform you that as per Ministry of Manpower (MOM) Bank Guarantee Fee(S$3000) And VISA processing fee needs to be submitted in order to process VISA. So you are request to submit Visa Application form with requisite information, along with the Bank Guarantee.

Although candidates Bank Guarantee would be borne by OB Logistics. However, as candidate may or may not join our company so formally candidate will have to pay 20% of bank guarantee as this fee is non-refunable in nature by MOM and rest of the amount would be borne by us and once applicant would join our company we would refund this money to applicant.

Note: We would request you provide the filled up Visa Application form and form 14A & 39A asap so that we could arrange invitation letter and other formalities related to Work Permit could be processed.

Legal Consultant: You are requested to co-ordinate with the candidates and provide all necessary documentation within the stipulated time.

Applicant: You need to contact Indian Legal consultant in order to proceed.

Enclosure: 1.Visa Application Form 2. Form 14A & 39A
-----------

Thanks,
amvj

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34336
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Mar 2017 8:10 pm

You are about to become a statistic unless you run. FAST! Otherwise you will lose your money.

amvj wrote:Hi,

After completing interview rounds, I have got an offer from OB Logistics, One Raffles place, Singapore.

They have completed the verification through third party agency in India and now they want me to fill Visa forms (Visa Application Form 2. Form 14A & 39A). The problem is they want me to pay $3000 as Bank Guarantee fee.

I checked with many of my friends who are in Singapore and they find this not legitimate. All of my friends did not paid any money for employment. I checked for such fee details in MoM site but cannot find any. I tried to call Ministry of Manpower (MoM) phone but it asks for NOIC / work permit nnumber which I don't have.

P.s I am an Indian citizen in India.

Please advise. Your help is much appreciated.

Below is the email I have received:
-------------
Hi,

We thank you for your pre-submission of candidate’s legal background. We would like to inform you that as per Ministry of Manpower (MOM) Bank Guarantee Fee(S$3000) And VISA processing fee needs to be submitted in order to process VISA. So you are request to submit Visa Application form with requisite information, along with the Bank Guarantee.

Although candidates Bank Guarantee would be borne by OB Logistics. However, as candidate may or may not join our company so formally candidate will have to pay 20% of bank guarantee as this fee is non-refunable in nature by MOM and rest of the amount would be borne by us and once applicant would join our company we would refund this money to applicant.

Note: We would request you provide the filled up Visa Application form and form 14A & 39A asap so that we could arrange invitation letter and other formalities related to Work Permit could be processed.

Legal Consultant: You are requested to co-ordinate with the candidates and provide all necessary documentation within the stipulated time.

Applicant: You need to contact Indian Legal consultant in order to proceed.

Enclosure: 1.Visa Application Form 2. Form 14A & 39A
-----------

Thanks,
amvj

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby bro75 » Wed, 01 Mar 2017 8:42 pm

Never heard of such a thing.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9508
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 01 Mar 2017 10:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You are about to become a statistic unless you run. FAST! Otherwise you will lose your money.


+1

amvj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 01 Mar 2017

Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby amvj » Thu, 02 Mar 2017 12:56 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You are about to become a statistic unless you run. FAST! Otherwise you will lose your money


Sorry I am unable to comprehend your reply. Can you please explain ?

I have not paid any money at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10468
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 02 Mar 2017 1:59 am

amvj wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:You are about to become a statistic unless you run. FAST! Otherwise you will lose your money


Sorry I am unable to comprehend your reply. Can you please explain ?

I have not paid any money at the moment.

Thanks in advance.


What he means is that if you pay any money you are going to be ripped off, just like so many other people have been ripped off by thieves working together in Singapore and India.

If you really had employment you would have been issued a letter with a FIN (foreign identity number) on it. If you don't have the number, then you don't have a job.

amvj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 01 Mar 2017

Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby amvj » Thu, 02 Mar 2017 2:16 am

Thanks all for the clarification. Fortunately I have posted my doubt here before spending any money.

Thanks once again.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4896
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 02 Mar 2017 5:18 am

amvj wrote:Thanks all for the clarification. Fortunately I have posted my doubt here before spending any money.

Thanks once again.


Smart boy. Keep trying and applying. You do not need to pay in advance for this bull.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

amvj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 01 Mar 2017

Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby amvj » Mon, 06 Mar 2017 5:11 pm

Also one of my friend shared this:

https://www.hcisingapore.gov.in/pages.php?id=660

contents of the link:
THE HIGH COMMISSION HAS RECEIVED INFORMATION FROM SEVERAL INDIAN NATIONALS THAT THEY ARE IN RECEIPT OF JOB OFFERS FROM A COMPANY NAMED M/S OB LOGISTICS, CLAIMED TO BE BASED IN SINGAPORE. HOWEVER, THE MISSION'S ENQUIRIES WITH THE CONCERNED AUTHORITIES IN SINGAPORE HAVE REVEALED THAT NO COMPANY BY THAT NAME IS REGISTERED IN SINGAPORE. ALL INDIAN NATIONALS ARE, THEREFORE, ADVISED TO BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT ANY JOB/VISA OFFER LETTERS OR REQUEST FOR ANY FEE IN LIEU THEREOF RECEIVED FROM M/S OB LOGISTICS.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34336
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Mar 2017 5:33 pm

Sounds like you got lucky and didn't fall for the scam. One must be careful as we've had numerous cases of Indians scamming their own with promises of job offers and IPAs (without numbers on them - but as you wouldn't realize that, zapped!) Be careful. Very careful.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9508
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Bank Guarantee Fee for MoM ?

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 06 Mar 2017 9:55 pm

amvj wrote:Also one of my friend shared this:

https://www.hcisingapore.gov.in/pages.php?id=660

contents of the link:
THE HIGH COMMISSION HAS RECEIVED INFORMATION FROM SEVERAL INDIAN NATIONALS THAT THEY ARE IN RECEIPT OF JOB OFFERS FROM A COMPANY NAMED M/S OB LOGISTICS, CLAIMED TO BE BASED IN SINGAPORE. HOWEVER, THE MISSION'S ENQUIRIES WITH THE CONCERNED AUTHORITIES IN SINGAPORE HAVE REVEALED THAT NO COMPANY BY THAT NAME IS REGISTERED IN SINGAPORE. ALL INDIAN NATIONALS ARE, THEREFORE, ADVISED TO BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT ANY JOB/VISA OFFER LETTERS OR REQUEST FOR ANY FEE IN LIEU THEREOF RECEIVED FROM M/S OB LOGISTICS.

+1

You got away lightly!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests