Singapore Expats

Sponsorship

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Gara

Sponsorship

Post by Gara » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 9:35 pm

Hi All,

Hoping to get a better answer here.

I was refused to enter sg last january while i was waiting for my pass approval. During that time the status is still pending. I was asked to go back to malaysia. First mom application was rejected, so the company reapplied and luckly it was approved the 7th of feb. As soon as i got the IPA i flew back to sg but i was again refused to enter sg due to the first offence. I was asked to go back to either my country (phil) or where i came (malaysia). I was told that i need to write an appeal letter to ICA first.

I already received a response from ICA today and was asked to submit 2 forms (form 14 & V391). I contacted my company regarding the sponsorship but HR said that they really dont fill up the said form. So i need to look for an individual sponsorship.

My questions are:
What are my chances to get the visa approve if my sponsor is a friend only (PR and not a relative) ?

I already have an IPA and offer letter from the company, do i still really need a sponsor?

Thank you.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Sponsorship

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:51 pm

Gara wrote:Hi All,

Hoping to get a better answer here.

I was refused to enter sg last january while i was waiting for my pass approval. During that time the status is still pending. I was asked to go back to malaysia. First mom application was rejected, so the company reapplied and luckly it was approved the 7th of feb. As soon as i got the IPA i flew back to sg but i was again refused to enter sg due to the first offence. I was asked to go back to either my country (phil) or where i came (malaysia). I was told that i need to write an appeal letter to ICA first.

I already received a response from ICA today and was asked to submit 2 forms (form 14 & V391). I contacted my company regarding the sponsorship but HR said that they really dont fill up the said form. So i need to look for an individual sponsorship.

My questions are:
What are my chances to get the visa approve if my sponsor is a friend only (PR and not a relative) ?

I already have an IPA and offer letter from the company, do i still really need a sponsor?

Thank you.
Anybody can fill in the form.

The form sort of places the sponsor in a difficult spot, if ICA is not convinced of your honesty - the sponsor maybe asked to put up a bond.

Nothing I can say on that score.

And interesting to see its Filipinos who are getting passes and being denied entry due to past suspicious travel patterns.

Yes. Companies have no obligation to apply for a visit visa for you.

Gara

Re: Sponsorship

Post by Gara » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 4:30 pm

Thank you.