Singapore Expats Forum

Is Montrssori for Children worth the money

Discuss various schooling options for your children here.
parivinu

Is Montrssori for Children worth the money

Postby parivinu » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 6:50 pm

Hi ,

I have been fascinated by Montessori education since my childhood however my parents could not afford to send me then. So now I wish to send my daughter who is 3 yrs old to Montessori school. have been around most of the traditional and Montessori preschools in singapore .

The Montessori school children drawn attention to me.I really like the environment and the principal there. however eventually depends on the teacher. The school fee is pretty high around 4400$ per term.Is it really worth toddler there ?

Looking forward to hear feedback ..

Thanks

PNGMK
Director
Director

Re: Is Montrssori for Children worth the money

Postby PNGMK » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 8:05 pm

Why not try if for one term. My niece did it years ago and benefited. IT was the only school she loved.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

x9200

Postby x9200 » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 9:12 pm

parivinu wrote:Hi ,

I have been fascinated by Montessori education since my childhood however my parents could not afford to send me then. So now I wish to send my daughter who is 3 yrs old to Montessori school. have been around most of the traditional and Montessori preschools in singapore .

The Montessori school children drawn attention to me.I really like the environment and the principal there. however eventually depends on the teacher. The school fee is pretty high around 4400$ per term.Is it really worth toddler there ?

Looking forward to hear feedback ..

Thanks

I don't know what specific school do you have in mind but in general most of preschools in Singapore that calls themselves Montessori has hardly anything to do with that approach. Singapore early education culture including the preschools is simply as anti-Montessori as it can get.

parivinu

Postby parivinu » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks for the replies PNMGK and x9200.
I am referring to Montessori for school on mountbatter road .
Yes i agree not all the so callex montessori schools follow tradition montessori approach .

Yes i am also giving it a try for a year . Not to regret later :wink: