Singapore Expats

Applying for PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kishino

Applying for PR

Post by kishino » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 9:46 pm

hi all,

i am a singaporean and my current gf is thai holding an ep pass working in a university here for 4 years already. We are thinking of getting married and getting a pr for her. I would like to ask is if she applies on her own is higher chance? or after we get married and apply for her? but i read that most likely after married and apply wont get approved. and also i wan to ask is for her EP pass will it get revoke if she gets married and she needs to apply for ltvp instead?

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Applying for PR

Post by taxico » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 10:18 pm

kishino wrote:hi all,

i am a singaporean and my current gf is thai holding an ep pass working in a university here for 4 years already. We are thinking of getting married and getting a pr for her. I would like to ask is if she applies on her own is higher chance? or after we get married and apply for her? but i read that most likely after married and apply wont get approved. and also i wan to ask is for her EP pass will it get revoke if she gets married and she needs to apply for ltvp instead?
EP won't be revoked when she gets married.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

kishino

Post by kishino » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 10:32 pm

icic... do you think it would be better to apply for pr by herself first? or wait till we get married and apply it under spouse etc

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 4:11 am

kishino wrote:icic... do you think it would be better to apply for pr by herself first? or wait till we get married and apply it under spouse etc
it depends. does your girlfriend think she'll qualify for SPR based on her own merits?

IMO, with the introduction of LTVP+, it may be better for her to apply by herself if she thinks she stands a good chance of getting it.

kishino

Post by kishino » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:49 am

hmm.. if based on her merits alone i think is enough too as she study in sg for her masters here and worked here afterwards if looking at her education level etc. anyway no harm trying to apply first right?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 11:03 am

kishino wrote:hmm.. if based on her merits alone i think is enough too as she study in sg for her masters here and worked here afterwards if looking at her education level etc. anyway no harm trying to apply first right?

Get married and apply after 2 years under the Spouse of SC. It is usually easier under the Spouse of SC Scheme rather than the PTS Scheme.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 4:07 pm

i don't think it will harm the applicant to apply for SPR by herself since she might get it, and then use FTS in future if she doesn't (after marriage).

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 4:43 pm

It won't do any harm. But OP was asking which has higher chance.

kishino

Post by kishino » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 4:45 pm

i am thinking to let her try apply pr by herself first and see the outcome else we can apply it again if it gets rejected after we get married.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:08 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:It won't do any harm. But OP was asking which has higher chance.
whooops. you are right. that was what he asked. i went "singaporean" again on this one.