Singapore Expats

PR Application rejected today

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: PR Application rejected today

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 8:19 pm

ronebbay wrote:hello guys,

been following this blog for quite sometimes but didnt really commented or asked for advise on my PR issues.

Previously my PR application was rejected like 4 or 5 times but i kept applying and same when i applied in Oct 2016 and my PR was rejected today.

The content is the same as before " we have considered you application ..blah blah and your application is not successful.

Nevertheless, you can continue to work and reside her eon your valid work pass.

i have my own company now and my title is MD. salary while applying in oct was 6500 which has increased to 10K now.

i am thinking whether to appeal or wait another 6 months and apply again ?

appreciate some good advise.

Thanks.
You omitted the most important detail in your post - nationality.

Rejected for 5/6 times doesn't look too promising but we will never know. Persistence may pay off

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 8:45 pm

ronebbay wrote: Hey Mate, thanks for the quick one.

sorry.. nationality Pakistan and its been almost 9 years in Singapore.
Hmmm... your nationality could be the main factor.

An ex-colleague of mine (your compatriot) has been in SG for 10 years and got his PR long ago, got married around 4 years ago and applied PR for the wife but got rejected. He applied for citizenship and got rejected twice I think. That said, that's the only Pakistani case I know so it may not be representative as each application is assessed individually.

No harm waiting for 6 months and reapply but not sure the 54% increase in salary will be enough to push you across line. Good luck!

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 9:00 pm

ronebbay wrote:// Thanks mate, much appreciated.

another quick one, shall i consult a PR Consultant on my case ?
Absolute waste of time and money. They select their clients I believe. Upon knowing the number of your rejections, they may not even take up your biz.

Anyway, what do they know that you don't already know? It's just form filling but they may have it typed vis a vis handwritten. Plus a cover letter that requires most, if not all of the input from you.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 9:32 pm

ronebbay wrote:Thanks a million, i will take your advise on that.

I am currently seeing someone in Singapore and we are planning to get married in the future. She is Singapore Citizen, Chinese.

Will that somehow help my case ?
Maybe, but not until you're officially married (planning to... future means nothing in ICA's eyes). Even so, you probably need to wait for at least 2 years after your marriage if you wish to apply under family tie scheme. Otherwise it could be viewed as a marriage of convenience to obtain resident status. Of course having a baby boy won't hurt your chances either.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 9:45 pm

You mentioned you have been following this forum for a while now, not sure if you have come across this before. From the archive:
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=108918&p=730637#p730637

Good luck and keep us posted!