Singapore Expats

hoping to get LTVP+...need some advice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Katie43210

hoping to get LTVP+...need some advice

Post by Katie43210 » Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:51 am

hi. i need some advice re: my ltvp application.

I've been on ltvp for 3 years. i am in the process of renewing it, and i am hoping to get an ltvp+ this year for assurance of a longer stay, and for the possibility to be able to work on the side.

there is a question in the application, "do you intend to look for a job?" My question is, should I say YES or NO? I would like to answer, only IF i get an LTVP+ because I don't want to give the impression that I want to stay in Singapore just to get a job. I will not look for a job if i don't have an ltvp+, of course. Will answering YES lower my chances for getting a renewal? Or will I get a better chance of getting the + if I say yes? Does anybody have the experience of saying YES to the question and getting the ltvp+? (or saying YES, then being rejected for a renewal?)

I appreciate any advice! Thanks!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: hoping to get LTVP+...need some advice

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 24 Feb 2017 1:48 pm

Katie43210 wrote:hi. i need some advice re: my ltvp application.

I've been on ltvp for 3 years. i am in the process of renewing it, and i am hoping to get an ltvp+ this year for assurance of a longer stay, and for the possibility to be able to work on the side.

there is a question in the application, "do you intend to look for a job?" My question is, should I say YES or NO? I would like to answer, only IF i get an LTVP+ because I don't want to give the impression that I want to stay in Singapore just to get a job. I will not look for a job if i don't have an ltvp+, of course. Will answering YES lower my chances for getting a renewal? Or will I get a better chance of getting the + if I say yes? Does anybody have the experience of saying YES to the question and getting the ltvp+? (or saying YES, then being rejected for a renewal?)

If your spouse is SC, 3 years is the qualifier for LTVP+.

No harm saying yes for job plans.

You have kids ? That tilts ICA decision on your favor often.

niceit198

Re: hoping to get LTVP+...need some advice

Post by niceit198 » Sat, 25 Feb 2017 2:51 pm

your ltvp sponsor by ?

are u spouse of singapore citizen and married at least 3 year / or u have 1 singapore citizen children. if not u will not auto enroll to ltvp+ application.
Katie43210 wrote:hi. i need some advice re: my ltvp application.

Katie43210

Post by Katie43210 » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:02 pm

Thanks for your input! I don't know why, but I get nervous during pass renewal time. :cry:

Yes, my husband is SC, but no kids. Married more than 3 years now. I'm raring to go back to work, hopefully I'll get an LTVP+ but....you never know [-o< [-o<

niceit198

Post by niceit198 » Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:33 pm

no different as u declare that u working or not. ever now LTVP or LTVP+ u can work with no problem. on LTVP+ u gain longer period of stay compare of LTVP. and some medical benefits for LTVP+ only

Katie43210 wrote:Thanks for your input! I don't know why, but I get nervous during pass renewal time. :cry:

Yes, my husband is SC, but no kids. Married more than 3 years now. I'm raring to go back to work, hopefully I'll get an LTVP+ but....you never know [-o< [-o<