Singapore Expats

Rejected student pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jackie7330

Rejected student pass

Post by jackie7330 » Fri, 24 Feb 2017 7:06 am

Hi, i'm wondering anyone know why my son's student pass being rejected. Both my husband and myself are PRs, both from Malaysia, i tried to apply student pass for my son age 4 this year so he can start schooling in Singapore but being rejected, tried to appeal still rejected. Am i leave with the only option to apply PR for him?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Rejected student pass

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 24 Feb 2017 8:01 am

jackie7330 wrote:Hi, i'm wondering anyone know why my son's student pass being rejected. Both my husband and myself are PRs, both from Malaysia, i tried to apply student pass for my son age 4 this year so he can start schooling in Singapore but being rejected, tried to appeal still rejected. Am i leave with the only option to apply PR for him?
He would be second gen PR with NS liability if you get PR or SC for him. What ICA believe correctly is that you are trying to do is keep him out of NS by using student pass instead of PR. Either get on the boat (apply for PR for him and SC for yourself) or bugger off back to CorruptMalaysia. Jeez.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

calmhappy

Re: Rejected student pass

Post by calmhappy » Wed, 01 Mar 2017 11:33 am

Besides student pass, you can try apply Long term social visit pass for your child.
LTSVP can go childcare here. I am not sure kindergarten. You can ask.

If student pass, you have to apply new student pass again if change childcare centre. If LTSVP, you can change childcare centre. Just that LTSVP need to renew annually which spend $90. Student pass expiry date is till end of course which usually the end of K2.

As for the reason of rejection, maybe the supporting document of the sponsor not strong enough (financially strong enough to send children to study here)? Or maybe lapse of communication for example ICA request additional supporting documents. You not aware of it or the childcare centre slow to inform you of any action to take...

For student pass, attendance to the school is important.
For LTSVP, you can stop school for some time, change school, start again...