Singapore Expats

Need letter from ICA before company will re-appeal for my rejected EPass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ppam02

Need letter from ICA before company will re-appeal for my rejected EPass

Post by ppam02 » Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:31 am

Hi SGexpats community,

I need your help and expertise on this matter.

I was hired by a company in SG; when they applied for my work pass it was rejected. Now, before they submit the re-appeal with MOM, they wanted me to have a letter with ICA clarifying that I am not prohibited/banned from entering Singapore and only need an IPA to enter.

Timeline:
  • I spent June 16 - September 13, 2016, in Singapore while applying for design-related jobs.
  • On the 13th of September, I returned to the Philippines.
  • December 6, I returned to Singapore attending job interviews; January 3, I departed from Singapore and spent several days in Bangkok until January 9.
  • January 9 upon arrival in Changi Airport, was refused entry. Same day returned to the Philippines.
  • January 24 got an offer from a Company
  • February 8, they applied for an EPass but it was rejected
This is the content of the letter that I had in mind:

To whom it may concern,

I would like to resolve or clear my record from ICA Singapore that I am not prohibited or banned from entering Singapore and that I only need an IPA from the company who's willing to hire me to enter Singapore from the Philippines. The company who wanted to hire me applied for a work pass last February 8, but it was rejected. Now they are trying to re-appeal my work pass and they need this letter to show to MOM once they re-appeal for my work pass.

Thank you for your kind consideration and looking forward to your response.

Should I add the timeline in the letter? Would I attach any supporting documents?
Is the content above an appropriate or I still have to add other information? How long do you think would they respond?

Thank you for all your help and assistance.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Need letter from ICA before company will re-appeal for my rejected EPass

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:19 pm

Why were you refused entry on Jan 9?

You were in Singapore June 16 - Sept 13... how long was your social visit pass good for?

You have provided insufficient information to understand why ICA refused entry for you.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Need letter from ICA before company will re-appeal for my rejected EPass

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:27 pm

ppam02 wrote:Hi SGexpats community,

I was hired by a company in SG; when they applied for my work pass it was rejected. Now, before they submit the re-appeal with MOM, they wanted me to have a letter with ICA clarifying that I am not prohibited/banned from entering Singapore and only need an IPA to enter.

Timeline:
  • I spent June 16 - September 13, 2016, in Singapore while applying for design-related jobs.
  • December 6, I returned to Singapore attending job interviews; January 3, I departed from Singapore and spent several days in Bangkok until January 9.
  • January 9 upon arrival in Changi Airport, was refused entry. Same day returned to the Philippines.

To whom it may concern,

I would like to resolve or clear my record from ICA Singapore that I am not prohibited or banned from entering Singapore and that I only need an IPA from the company who's willing to hire me to enter Singapore from the Philippines. The company who wanted to hire me applied for a work pass last February 8, but it was rejected. Now they are trying to re-appeal my work pass and they need this letter to show to MOM once they re-appeal for my work pass.

Should I add the timeline in the letter? Would I attach any supporting documents?
Is the content above an appropriate or I still have to add other information? How long do you think would they respond?

My 2 cents.

ICA has no obligation to give such letter.

Find another employer if you can't convince them.

And passes get refused for lot of reasons.

PS this is Singapore. No NBI clearance here.

ppam02

Post by ppam02 » Wed, 22 Feb 2017 1:08 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Why were you refused entry on Jan 9?

You were in Singapore June 16 - Sept 13... how long was your social visit pass good for?

You have provided insufficient information to understand why ICA refused entry for you.

Just 30 days.

June - July
July - August (online extended)
August - September (exited to Bintan, ID), was able to return to SG.

Returned in the Philippines in Sept 13 while waiting for replies from job applications and interviews.

I was able to return to SG in December 6 and attend some final interviews, still no updates frm those companies so I went to Bangkok for 6 days until Jan 9. Jan 9 I returned to SG but was refused entry.

Maybe since I spent a long time in SG while applying for jobs is the main reason why I was refused entry when I try to return in Jan 9.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Feb 2017 1:13 pm

One additional question. Just for clarification, what is your gender?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ppam02

Re: RE: Need letter from ICA before company will re-appeal for my rejected EPass

Post by ppam02 » Wed, 22 Feb 2017 1:17 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ppam02 wrote:Hi SGexpats community,

Timeline:

To whom it may concern,

My 2 cents.

ICA has no obligation to give such letter.

Find another employer if you can't convince them.

And passes get refused for lot of reasons.

PS this is Singapore. No NBI clearance here.

Thank you for your reply. That is why I was asking for some assistance here since it was requested by MOM to my company that I need to get a letter from ICA wherein it's stated there that the issue with my refused entry from SG last Jan9 is resolved. I was also informed by the Immigration officials upon my departure from SG last Jan9 that I just need an IPA to return. Now, my company as per their understanding with MOM, requests such letter from ICA. I also asked them if an email from ICA to prove that I can return to SG with just an IPA would suffice.

I also tried calling ICA directly from they Philippines, but they won't return calls for international callers, that is why I posted here in case there would be people who experienced the same situation as I did and give advice.

If finding a new employer is as easy as changing clothes, I would have done that before. As you stated, this is Singapore, as much as possible they don't want foreign talents to be taking over the jobs.

Thanks again.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Need letter from ICA before company will re-appeal for my rejected EPass

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Feb 2017 2:27 pm

ppam02 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. That is why I was asking for some assistance here since it was requested by MOM to my company that I need to get a letter from ICA wherein it's stated there that the issue with my refused entry from SG last Jan9 is resolved. I was also informed by the Immigration officials upon my departure from SG last Jan9 that I just need an IPA to return. Now, my company as per their understanding with MOM, requests such letter from ICA. I also asked them if an email from ICA to prove that I can return to SG with just an IPA would suffice.

I also tried calling ICA directly from they Philippines, but they won't return calls for international callers, that is why I posted here in case there would be people who experienced the same situation as I did and give advice.

If finding a new employer is as easy as changing clothes, I would have done that before. As you stated, this is Singapore, as much as possible they don't want foreign talents to be taking over the jobs.

Thanks again.
if you are a female, no prize for guessing why you got refused entry.

Solution: what I can suggest. Get a local sponsor to apply for a visit visa and explain to ICA.

If that succeeds, that's as good as ICA saying you are welcome to Singapore.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Need letter from ICA before company will re-appeal for my rejected EPass

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Feb 2017 5:41 pm

Maybe throw the problem to your employer.

Tell them ICA has never issued such letter, and send all pages of your passport as proof there is no deportation / ban stamped.

If they insist you need letter from ICA, ask them if somebody got it in the past, which department of ICA gave such letter ...

ppam02

Post by ppam02 » Thu, 23 Feb 2017 2:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:One additional question. Just for clarification, what is your gender?
Female, yes. With 6 years of professional design experience in the PH.

ppam02

Re: RE: Re: Need letter from ICA before company will re-appeal for my rejected EPass

Post by ppam02 » Thu, 23 Feb 2017 3:01 am

ecureilx wrote:Maybe throw the problem to your employer.

Tell them ICA has never issued such letter, and send all pages of your passport as proof there is no deportation / ban stamped.

If they insist you need letter from ICA, ask them if somebody got it in the past, which department of ICA gave such letter ...

Hi ecurelix,

Thank you for all your helpful responses.

Earlier I tried sending an email to ICA. I also followed up with my employer that ICA doesn't issue such letters. I asked them if email confirmation would suffice. If that doesn't work out, I'll ask some local friends there to probably help me and sponsor me for entry visa.

I'll keep you and the community updated.

ARjane

Post by ARjane » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 4:44 pm

Hi, sorry for interrupting, somehow same case here.

Recently this last March 24, me and my sister got A to A and send us back home here in the Philippines, we're from KL that time due to SVP expiration. Our passport doesn't have stamp or anything, just a letter inserted in our passport (Notice of Refusal of Entry)

And now we're still applying online. This week, a small Interior firm wants me to work as home-based Architect but I need to be in Singapore to do some site visits, so he is willing to apply me, but I told him that I got A to A.

As of now, I forward the Form 14 and V391 for him to check it.

Just asking if what is the 1st step? His firm is a newbie but registered builder in Singapore and he has no HR to manage my application. Do he need to apply me spass first before making an appeal to the ICA?