Singapore Expats Forum

PERTH first timer

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
Post Reply
User avatar
lucassmith
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 2:09 pm

PERTH first timer

Post by lucassmith » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 1:58 am

Hellooo eagles!
will be travelling to Perth next week, impromptu trip.
any advice and recommendations for a solo traveller?

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PERTH first timer

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 9:22 am

What's there to say? It closes at 5pm.

In all seriousness - explore Fremantle, Kings Park and walk along the foreshore. Cottesloe Beach or even Scarborough beach are ok. You'll need a rental car if you do anything outside the main CBD.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
lucassmith
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 2:09 pm

Re: PERTH first timer

Post by lucassmith » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:49 am

PNGMK wrote:What's there to say? It closes at 5pm.

In all seriousness - explore Fremantle, Kings Park and walk along the foreshore. Cottesloe Beach or even Scarborough beach are ok. You'll need a rental car if you do anything outside the main CBD.
Thanks for the suggestions, yea it'll be a good place to clear my mind.
I'll be renting a car anyhow since its pretty affordable.
I did some research and it costs >25aud to cab/uber from the airport to the city! (18km?)

any specific place or activity that you would recommend me to try? :mrgreen:

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PERTH first timer

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:03 am

Catch the ferry to Rotto.
Go to a beach.
Explore Fremantle markets.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Hidy Ho
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 7:40 am

Re: PERTH first timer

Post by Hidy Ho » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 12:23 pm

lucassmith wrote:Hellooo eagles!
will be travelling to Perth next week, impromptu trip.
any advice and recommendations for a solo traveller?
I've driven down to Margaret River from Perth before, alone. It's where they filmed the original "Point Break" big wave as well as nice wine region.

It was a good drive (despite the fact that I got a speeding ticket by a cop who jumped out in front of my car on the road!!!).

User avatar
lucassmith
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 2:09 pm

Re: PERTH first timer

Post by lucassmith » Fri, 17 Mar 2017 6:17 pm

Hidy Ho wrote:
lucassmith wrote:Hellooo eagles!
will be travelling to Perth next week, impromptu trip.
any advice and recommendations for a solo traveller?
I've driven down to Margaret River from Perth before, alone. It's where they filmed the original "Point Break" big wave as well as nice wine region.

It was a good drive (despite the fact that I got a speeding ticket by a cop who jumped out in front of my car on the road!!!).

tell me about it.

the cops at Perth are like ninja trained. I got pulled over at 2am on an empty (or so I thought) street for changing two lanes without switching on my indicator light. =D> =D>

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Travel & Holidays”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests