Singapore Expats

Insurance for routine GP visits ?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
NewSingaporePR

Insurance for routine GP visits ?

Post by NewSingaporePR » Sun, 12 Feb 2017 8:18 pm

Hello,

I can't for the life of me find an insurance that cover routine outpatient visits. (For example, going to the GP when feeling under the weather, or for a yearly health screening or for vaccinations for our 1-year old daughter.)

Some background: My wife's insurance is about to end as she left her previous job and is currently taking care of our daughter. I could add her to my company's insurance plan but that isn't ideal for a number of reasons.

Also, we just got our PR! We are extremely happy since my wife and I got rejected the first time around. And with PR, comes more choices when it comes to Shield-type insurances. We found pretty good policies for inpatient coverage that (with the proper rider) cover everything in case of accident or serious illness.

But, as mentioned in the intro, I'm hitting a wall when trying to find something to cover routine visits to the doctor. :?

It seems NTUC used to have something called the "Managed Healthcare System" policy to cover GP and SP visits, but it is no longer being offered. :(

I understand the policy on this forum against advertisement, but if someone knows of such an insurance, I would really appreciate the information!

Thanks!

x9200

Re: Insurance for routine GP visits ?

Post by x9200 » Sun, 12 Feb 2017 10:23 pm

There are, I believe, many insurances that cover standard visits. It all depends on how much you are willing to pay. For example, I am insured with Global Health, which I found to be reasonable in terms of benefits vs the premium: https://globalhealthasia.com/assets/pdf ... 014-15.pdf

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Insurance for routine GP visits ?

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 9:16 am

NewSingaporePR wrote:Hello,

I can't for the life of me find an insurance that cover routine outpatient visits. (For example, going to the GP when feeling under the weather, or for a yearly health screening or for vaccinations for our 1-year old daughter.)

Some background: My wife's insurance is about to end as she left her previous job and is currently taking care of our daughter. I could add her to my company's insurance plan but that isn't ideal for a number of reasons.

Also, we just got our PR! We are extremely happy since my wife and I got rejected the first time around. And with PR, comes more choices when it comes to Shield-type insurances. We found pretty good policies for inpatient coverage that (with the proper rider) cover everything in case of accident or serious illness.

But, as mentioned in the intro, I'm hitting a wall when trying to find something to cover routine visits to the doctor. :?

It seems NTUC used to have something called the "Managed Healthcare System" policy to cover GP and SP visits, but it is no longer being offered. :(

I understand the policy on this forum against advertisement, but if someone knows of such an insurance, I would really appreciate the information!

Thanks!
Income still has great out patient plans.

Go direct. Agents only will try to sell you hospital and other plans which gets them better commission I presume.