Singapore Expats

PR APPLICATION- NEW JOB OFFER- SAT ASSESSMENT- EP to S pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rekolee

PR APPLICATION- NEW JOB OFFER- SAT ASSESSMENT- EP to S pass

Post by rekolee » Fri, 10 Feb 2017 11:51 pm

Hi Friends,

I am working in singapore since may 2013, holding an employment pass. My current monthly salary is S$5000 (NET). Recently I have received an offer from multinational company offering similar salary of S$5000 (Basic)+ Comm.+ Bonus. I am really excited to accept the new offer as career growth and earning prospect is much wider and better. I want suggestion on the following issues.

1. When my new employer did the SAT (Self assessment tools) assessment with S$ 5000 salary, it shows that I am likely to eligible for S pass only. My own, I did the assessment and found out that with S$6000 salary I am eligible for both EP & S pass. but unfortunately, new employer doesn't offer more than S$5000 for this position. They said to apply S pass as SAT assessment not showing promising results. but they are open from any suggestion and feedback from my side on my profile and How can make the strong case for EP approval with S$ 5000 salary. I would like to know, If my new employer apply for EP with S$5000 salary what are the success chances? or its waste of time? better go for S pass with lower pay? but with higher commission and bonus.

2. I have also applied PR on last year november but so far no outcome on application. It will likely to take longer. I don't know weather, I have news on my PR application before may 2017 as my ep expiring in may 2017 I have to decide about new job offer and its implication on my PR application. I would like to know, If I accept the offer and degraded EP to S pass, does it affects my PR chances very badly?

My confusion is, I don't mind to get S pass instead of EP as earning prospect is much better and definitely I can make more than what I am making now. But if its affect my PR application than I have to think first?

I am master in business with 5+years of experience in sales & marketing. 3.5 years working experience in singapore. 28 years old, Single and paid 3 years income tax submitted with PR application.

Your prompt feedback and suggestion on above matter is highly appreciated. I hope the expert can clear my confusion and show me the clear way. Thank you for your time and attention.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PR APPLICATION- NEW JOB OFFER- SAT ASSESSMENT- EP to S pass

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 11 Feb 2017 1:43 am

rekolee wrote:Hi Friends,

I am working in singapore since may 2013, holding an employment pass. My current monthly salary is S$5000 (NET). Recently I have received an offer from multinational company offering similar salary of S$5000 (Basic)+ Comm.+ Bonus. I am really excited to accept the new offer as career growth and earning prospect is much wider and better. I want suggestion on the following issues.

1. When my new employer did the SAT (Self assessment tools) assessment with S$ 5000 salary, it shows that I am likely to eligible for S pass only. My own, I did the assessment and found out that with S$6000 salary I am eligible for both EP & S pass. but unfortunately, new employer doesn't offer more than S$5000 for this position. They said to apply S pass as SAT assessment not showing promising results. but they are open from any suggestion and feedback from my side on my profile and How can make the strong case for EP approval with S$ 5000 salary. I would like to know, If my new employer apply for EP with S$5000 salary what are the success chances? or its waste of time? better go for S pass with lower pay? but with higher commission and bonus.

2. I have also applied PR on last year november but so far no outcome on application. It will likely to take longer. I don't know weather, I have news on my PR application before may 2017 as my ep expiring in may 2017 I have to decide about new job offer and its implication on my PR application. I would like to know, If I accept the offer and degraded EP to S pass, does it affects my PR chances very badly?

My confusion is, I don't mind to get S pass instead of EP as earning prospect is much better and definitely I can make more than what I am making now. But if its affect my PR application than I have to think first?

I am master in business with 5+years of experience in sales & marketing. 3.5 years working experience in singapore. 28 years old, Single and paid 3 years income tax submitted with PR application.
Pass, from what I believe, doesn't influence PR outcome.

You didn't tell what your passport is, as that's a bigger influence.
Your prompt feedback and suggestion on above matter is highly appreciated. I hope the expert can clear my confusion and show me the clear way. Thank you for your time and attention.
prompt enough ?

rekolee

Re: PR APPLICATION- NEW JOB OFFER- SAT ASSESSMENT- EP to S pass

Post by rekolee » Sat, 11 Feb 2017 12:40 pm

Hi, ecurelix yeah prompt, Thanks for your quick response. I am holding an Indian passport.

What do you think if try for EP with S$ 5000! What are the chances? or better apply for S pass will save my time? Basic pay will be less & update the ICA about change. Will not negatively affect my PR application than sure it's fine for me.

thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR APPLICATION- NEW JOB OFFER- SAT ASSESSMENT- EP to S pass

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:01 pm

rekolee wrote:Hi, ecurelix yeah prompt, Thanks for your quick response. I am holding an Indian passport.

What do you think if try for EP with S$ 5000! What are the chances? or better apply for S pass will save my time? Basic pay will be less & update the ICA about change. Will not negatively affect my PR application than sure it's fine for me.

thanks
when you said you hold an Indian passport, my hopes went down a lot.

For salary et al, you know a bigger pay has not much influence when demographics are at work.

rekolee

Re: PR APPLICATION- NEW JOB OFFER- SAT ASSESSMENT- EP to S pass

Post by rekolee » Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:20 pm

Hi ecureilx, so basically salary or change of EP to S pass doesn't affect the outcome of application! Major factor is demographic only when it comes to PR ?

So what would I do, should I carry on with EP with my present company where I don't really like to work. Or pursue for S pass with multinational where growth prospect is much higher. And job scope really excite me!

Thank you :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR APPLICATION- NEW JOB OFFER- SAT ASSESSMENT- EP to S pass

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:26 pm

rekolee wrote:Hi ecureilx, so basically salary or change of EP to S pass doesn't affect the outcome of application! Major factor is demographic only when it comes to PR ?
I didn't day demographic is the ONLY factor. But it's the major factor. That's from anecdotal evidence. And if you been in Singapore for a while you will agree.

'Nuff said.