Singapore Expats

Rejected Entry to Singapore (Changi Airport)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
itachipawn

Re: RE: Re: Rejected Entry to Singapore (Changi Airport)

Post by itachipawn » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 6:45 pm

ecureilx wrote:
itachipawn wrote:Hello, Dropping another question here. If my girlfriend found a job, the company will apply EP for her, Do I still need to put up form 14? :???: :???:
Going by recent events, EP still doesn't guarantee entry ..

Form 14A is recommended
Hi, thanks for response. So to be safe, I should put up form 14A and submit to ICA at their HQ regardless if the company applied for EP/WP?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Rejected Entry to Singapore (Changi Airport)

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 9:28 pm

itachipawn wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
itachipawn wrote:Hello, Dropping another question here. If my girlfriend found a job, the company will apply EP for her, Do I still need to put up form 14? :???: :???:
Going by recent events, EP still doesn't guarantee entry ..

Form 14A is recommended
Hi, thanks for response. So to be safe, I should put up form 14A and submit to ICA at their HQ regardless if the company applied for EP/WP?
Ok, what did I say ? Image

itachipawn

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Rejected Entry to Singapore (Changi Airport)

Post by itachipawn » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 9:33 pm

ecureilx wrote:
itachipawn wrote:
ecureilx wrote: Going by recent events, EP still doesn't guarantee entry ..

Form 14A is recommended
Ok, what did I say ? Image
Heehee just worried with the direction things is going now for her ](*,)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Rejected Entry to Singapore (Changi Airport)

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 9:56 pm

itachipawn wrote: Heehee just worried with the direction things is going now for her ](*,)
if she's from a favoured nation, then don't bother Image

Just saying .....

itachipawn

Re: Rejected Entry to Singapore (Changi Airport)

Post by itachipawn » Sat, 18 Mar 2017 10:21 pm

Back again for another question, is the sponsorship letter V-39I a must to put up? Because there are a few points that I am confused about.

It states that he/she shall not engaged in any form of employment paid or unpaid, does this mean that she will be able to come and look for job, let alone working here?
Also, how much do you guys usually "furnish" to ICA as a security deposit as a condition for the approval of a Visit Pass?

I emailed ICA and they told me that i need to put up Form 14 and V39-I. Recently, they told me that "Visit Pass holders are generally allowed to seek employment in Singapore." and yet V39-I says the opposite.

I do not want to put up V39-I knowing that the deposit of ($?) will be forfeited as she will be coming here to look for job. Help greatly appreciated once more,

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 19 Mar 2017 9:22 am

itachipawn wrote:Back again for another question, is the sponsorship letter V-39I a must to put up? Because there are a few points that I am confused about.

It states that he/she shall not engaged in any form of employment paid or unpaid, does this mean that she will be able to come and look for job, let alone working here?
Also, how much do you guys usually "furnish" to ICA as a security deposit as a condition for the approval of a Visit Pass?

I emailed ICA and they told me that i need to put up Form 14 and V39-I. Recently, they told me that "Visit Pass holders are generally allowed to seek employment in Singapore." and yet V39-I says the opposite.

I do not want to put up V39-I knowing that the deposit of ($?) will be forfeited as she will be coming here to look for job. Help greatly appreciated once more,
the bond is selected by ICA, not you, but mostly they don't ask for the bond.

If you don't trust the person, why waste your time and effort ? Serious question. Trust issues ?

PS, the form means you can look for work, but not allowed to work until there's a valid work pass. Makes sense ?

itachipawn

Post by itachipawn » Sun, 19 Mar 2017 2:39 pm

ecureilx wrote:
itachipawn wrote:Back again for another question, is the sponsorship letter V-39I a must to put up? Because there are a few points that I am confused about.

the bond is selected by ICA, not you, but mostly they don't ask for the bond.

If you don't trust the person, why waste your time and effort ? Serious question. Trust issues ?

PS, the form means you can look for work, but not allowed to work until there's a valid work pass. Makes sense ?
Ahh thanks for the clarification. Ica officer said she can look for job and work while the form says zero employment. My girlfriend will be here to work thus definitely "breaching" the condition on the form as per the form condition. However working with a work permit will not have any impact on the form.. Now I understand I guess haha.

So I should probably leave the section where it says how much I'm willing to give as a security deposit blank first and wait for them to contact me right. Do you recommend going down to ICA Building to submit the forms or via mailing? :???: :???: :???: