Singapore Expats

Immigration info

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
adnan_salah84

Immigration info

Post by adnan_salah84 » Thu, 09 Feb 2017 5:50 pm

Dear,

I am Adnan Salahuddin. I and my wife are planning for Singapore immigration. I have a degree of computer science and I am currently working at LMKR as a software developer. I have hearing impairment and I use hearing aids. I was wondering if there are some of the benefits for special people for immigration and for job seeking? My wife has currently completed her MBA in human resource. And we are expecting a baby so can we apply for immigration and how can we make our application successful?

I am waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Immigration info

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 09 Feb 2017 8:46 pm

adnan_salah84 wrote:Dear,

I am Adnan Salahuddin. I and my wife are planning for Singapore immigration. I have a degree of computer science and I am currently working at LMKR as a software developer. I have hearing impairment and I use hearing aids. I was wondering if there are some of the benefits for special people for immigration and for job seeking? My wife has currently completed her MBA in human resource. And we are expecting a baby so can we apply for immigration and how can we make our application successful?

I am waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance!
Errrr ...

How do you immigration to Singapore?

If you take time and read, you will know, you need to find a job here, get your employer to get you a work visa, before considering immigration.

And Singapore doesn't allow any other immigration, unless you have your parents or spouse as Singaporeans / residents.

No offence. Please take some time and read how Singapore immigration works.

You may have better chance immigrating to other countries ...

adnan_salah84

Re: Immigration info

Post by adnan_salah84 » Thu, 09 Feb 2017 11:41 pm

Thank you for quick reply. how about if there are some of the benefits for special people for work visa and for job seeking?

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 10 Feb 2017 12:51 am

adnan_salah84 wrote:Thank you for quick reply. how about if there are some of the benefits for special people for work visa and for job seeking?
short answer is "no."
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Immigration info

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 10 Feb 2017 1:16 am

adnan_salah84 wrote:Thank you for quick reply. how about if there are some of the benefits for special people for work visa and for job seeking?
Singapore treats "special" people (if you meant your impairment .. ) as equally capable ... So to re affirm Taxico's answer, NO, you don't get special points!!

Apply for a job first, and your employer will get you a work visa (not the other way around... you need a job to get a work visa.)

Where do you hail from, if I may ask ?

adnan_salah84

Post by adnan_salah84 » Fri, 10 Feb 2017 1:31 am

@ecureilx
From Pakistan

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 10 Feb 2017 3:43 am

adnan_salah84 wrote:@ecureilx