Singapore Expats Forum

Advice on Salary Package

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Ausguest

Advice on Salary Package

Postby Ausguest » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:52 pm

I have been offered a position with an MNC located in Singapore. I am wondering if a package of 138K plus bonus, travel, housing and education allowance is workable based on cost of living/expenses in Singapore. I will be coming as an Expat with a wife and two kids who will need primary education. In your view what should be the min. alowances and advice on average bonus arrangements will be appreciated.

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Re: Advice on Salary Package

Postby brifusg » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 8:45 pm

Ausguest wrote:I have been offered a position with an MNC located in Singapore. I am wondering if a package of 138K plus bonus, travel, housing and education allowance is workable based on cost of living/expenses in Singapore. I will be coming as an Expat with a wife and two kids who will need primary education. In your view what should be the min. alowances and advice on average bonus arrangements will be appreciated.

Edited.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:13 pm

Workable, sure, and most Singaporeans would kill for package like that... but if you don't tell us more about your industry and your position it's hard to say more than that. I believe Singapore law mandates at least one month's bonus per year.

Ausguest

Advice re Salary options

Postby Ausguest » Tue, 08 Feb 2005 7:04 am

Thanks for your response. I am in the chemical industry. The position is to grow the sales in the region. Look forward to your views.

Salaryman

Postby Salaryman » Fri, 18 Feb 2005 2:47 pm

I think jpatokal over reacted when he said "most Singaporeans would kill for package like that"

Anyway, your package of 138K (sing dollar) is enough if housing and education are covered. But be warned that cars are expensive here and many expats are surprised. You can always opt to rent one on a long term basis (5yrs) or check with your HR.

If your position is Sales Director covering APAC, then your OTE on target achievement bonus package should be another 138K making a total of SGD276k annual. I speak from a perspective of the IT industry but the chemical industry should not differ too much.

You should also check with HR about your taxes etc.

Boogers22

Re: Advice re Salary options

Postby Boogers22 » Fri, 18 Feb 2005 3:05 pm

Ausguest wrote:Thanks for your response. I am in the chemical industry. The position is to grow the sales in the region. Look forward to your views.

Hey Ausguest..are you with BMS by chance? Just wondering b/c i heard they are going gang busters here in Singapore.