Singapore Expats

Need Advice: EP application got rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
AdAkshita

Need Advice: EP application got rejected

Post by AdAkshita » Mon, 06 Feb 2017 10:19 pm

Hi,

I just got my EP application rejected. Reason for the rejection was I was not qualified for it. Should the company wish to employ me they should consider if I am able to command a higher salary for the MOM to consider the appeal.

As of the moment, an appeal is underway however the raise in salary was not entertained as the company is unable to, being a non-profit organization which has a small budget for operations.. Is there a chance for my E Pass to get approved this time?

I was previously S Pass holder and recently moved to a different job.

Your advice will be so helpful.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Need Advice: EP application got rejected

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 06 Feb 2017 10:55 pm

AdAkshita wrote:Hi,

I just got my EP application rejected. Reason for the rejection was I was not qualified for it. Should the company wish to employ me they should consider if I am able to command a higher salary for the MOM to consider the appeal.

As of the moment, an appeal is underway however the raise in salary was not entertained as the company is unable to, being a non-profit organization which has a small budget for operations.. Is there a chance for my E Pass to get approved this time?

No. Your job should be given to a Singaporean citizen or PR. Pack your bags.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Feb 2017 8:54 am

AdAkshita wrote:Hi,

Sounds like your new employer applied for your EP without ticking the "want to be considered for an S pass if not eligible for and EP" box. This has severely hampered you next move as the company cannot now go back and apply for the S pass (forbidden if it wasn't ticked originally). Ef the rejection was due to salary versus qualifications (sounds a bit strange saying you were not qualified for it but more money might turn them around). Although, you may have the basics you might not have a suitable amount of experience for the EP (in their eyes) but if the employer is willing to pay you more than that might be enough of a reason to allow it.

As you mentioned, the company isn't willing to pony up the additional remuneration and they probably didn't tick the S pass box as well as they didn't want to incur the S pass levies (up to $650/mo) I'd say you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. My thoughts? Not good. Start looking elsewhere while it's pending the appeal.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 07 Feb 2017 11:27 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: As you mentioned, the company isn't willing to pony up the additional remuneration and they probably didn't tick the S pass box as well as they didn't want to incur the S pass levies (up to $650/mo) I'd say you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. My thoughts? Not good. Start looking elsewhere while it's pending the appeal.
wow SPass levies really went up a lot recently :o
I recalled few years back it was around $200

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Feb 2017 2:32 pm

1st tier S pass levies are $330 and 2 tier is now $650. They went up up rapidly and often (in some cases with only 3 months separating the increase. Singapore is bound to get it's local PME's jobs one way or the other.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 07 Feb 2017 10:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Singapore is bound to get it's local PME's jobs one way or the other.
"We get the project done on time and under budget whether it works or not."

DrScrumMaster
Regular
Regular

Post by DrScrumMaster » Tue, 07 Feb 2017 10:23 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:"We get the project done on time and under budget whether it works or not."
:D