Singapore Expats

The Donald ... Getting stuff Done!!!

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Re: The Donald ... Getting stuff Done!!!

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 18 May 2017 12:56 am

This post is not meant to be partisan, left, right or center. Cause I am none of these.
For the political class it relieves them of responsibility for policing their own neighborhood. The media likes these prosecutors because they become Inspector Javerts, melodramatically chasing their targets for years, more often than not destroying reputations. The Justice Department’s guidelines make clear these special prosecutors are accountable to virtually no one. They don’t produce justice; they endanger it.

The “Trump is Nixon” narrative will rattle on, but it is a sideshow. The Trump White House can take care of itself (maybe). The serious issue revealed in all this—the server, the leaks, the investigations—is about institutional accountability, not just at the FBI, but across the intelligence bureaucracies, their masters in government, Congress and the media.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-james- ... ?mod=fbads

And t'is from Dan Rather......
Of all the checks and balances in our system government, where would be be today, in these perilous times, without a free and independent press? A press that knows when to be fiercely independent when necessary. Our nation owes a debt of gratitude to the indefatigable reporters who refuse to be intimidated and are determined to get to as close to the truth as is humanly possible.

Thank God, and our Founding Fathers, for the glorious First Amendment!

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sun, 28 May 2017 11:58 pm

Too true, the meanness that is perpetuated by partisan politics and politics in most countries.
Speaking with CNN Chief International Correspondent Christiane Amanpour this week, former U.S. President Bill Clinton joked that his granddaughter has made him “almost totally ineffective in politics.” Why? One reason: Politics can be mean.
http://bigthink.com/influence-power-pol ... 1495573667

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 10:15 am

Well done Donald :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... tter-deal/
"We don't want other countries and other leaders laughing at us anymore," he said, adding that the current deal could cost the US as many as 2.7 million jobs by 2025.

“The Paris climate accord is simply the latest example of Washington entering into an agreement that disadvantages the United States, to the exclusive benefit of other countries, leaving American workers, who I love, and taxpayers to absorb the cost in terms of lost jobs, lower wages, shuttered factories and vastly diminished economic production,” he said.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 03 Jun 2017 7:43 am

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 09 Jun 2017 9:46 am

The Donald seems to be in trouble at the minute ....

How he gonna talk his way out of this one with the ex-FBI guy dropping some big bombs under oath =D> =D> =D>

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 2:57 am

Ouch! Apparently, the world order is quite fragile. One ineffective President can warrant this kind of response.

https://qz.com/1037163/trumps-inability ... -and-2018/

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 11:13 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07 ... -director/
Anthony Scaramucci removed by Donald Trump as communications director 'after request from John Kelly' as president hails 'great day'
Its never dull with The Donald in charge :cool: :cool: :cool:

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 11:35 am

I keep trying to wake up from ground hog day... but it seems like the same shit over and over and over again.

Dystopian reality.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 12:06 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I keep trying to wake up from ground hog day... but it seems like the same shit over and over and over again.

Dystopian reality.
You need to watch what else is going on when Donald does something nuts. Case in point: The day he attacked trans people in the military was the day he expected the Russian hearings to go South. They didn't so the next day Mooch goes nuts to the New Yorker and ties up the MSM in fits is the day the hearings went on. And by the ways; you have a freak traitor as a president. There's no other way to put it. All he has is his own interests at heart and Putin is lining Trump's pockets.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ee/534864/

So the question is - what is REALLY going on the day Mooch quits? I haven't found out yet but it must be even worse than the article above?

TLDR:

Not my words but a good summation: "Monday and Tuesday were HUGE days for Mooch given that there was an enormously threatening testimony in progress over on Cap Hill. William Browder's congressional testimony on Monday was so potently damning toward both Trump and Russian oligarchs that Trump dropped the bombshell "trans" announcement as a diversion, retraining the focus of the public away from the testimony.
The testimony ended up being delayed til Tuesday. So, on Monday night, Trump dined with Mooch in emergency mode to come up with another highly effective diversion....and what do you know? Later that same evening, the Mooch did his ridiculous swearing tirade. I believe that this again was a calculated maneuver to distract the public from Browder's ensuing bombshell of a testimony.
Meanwhile, his brand new child was being born.
Truly, that testimony was SO damaging. It shed a bright light on the mechanisms underlying this collusion and treason, clear enough that any member of the public willing to openly listen would see through Trumps lies, clear as day."

So what is going on NOW that is so bad Mooch has to quit to distract us again? Presumably more testimony that Trumps is trying to derail.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 11 Aug 2017 3:51 pm

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/unite ... ugh-enough
'Be very, very nervous': Donald Trump ratchets up rhetoric towards North Korea
Good work Donald!!!

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 14 Aug 2017 4:05 pm

I'm starting to see my American friends attack non Americans on FB for comments about Trump. They are astonishingly ignorant about how poorly Trump is perceived overseas and second how much we are affected by US policies.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 14 Aug 2017 4:44 pm

PNGMK wrote:I'm starting to see my American friends attack non Americans on FB for comments about Trump. They are astonishingly ignorant about how poorly Trump is perceived overseas and second how much we are affected by US policies.
The former head of the KKK,
David Duke: Charlottesville protests about ‘fulfilling promises of Donald Trump’
I do wonder what they are looking to recreate

David Duke: Charlottesville protests about ‘fulfilling promises of Donald Trump’
Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke appeared at the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Va., prior to Saturday's violent clashes, saying that the event represented fulfilling the promises of President Trump.

"This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back, we're going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump, and that's what we believed in, that's why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he's going to take our country back and that's what we gotta do," Duke said.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:18 pm

They're trying to create the same sort of shit that got my grandad killed in 1940 and almost wiped out our family is what. Americans killed Nazi's; time to start again.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 7:17 am

PNGMK wrote:They're trying to create the same sort of shit that got my grandad killed in 1940 and almost wiped out our family is what. Americans killed Nazi's; time to start again.
And some old re hashed news.

Trump Snr had been held after a 3k rally in the 40s, but Trump Jr instead of denying, just insists Sr was not arrested..

Like his many sides statement.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 9:50 am

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/unite ... -practices
Mr Trump's memo directs US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to determine whether to launch an investigation - which in turn could give the President authority to take measures under Section 301 of its Trade Act, against China if it finds that country is damaging American interests by stealing IP or unfairly forcing transfer of technology.