Singapore Expats

PR Rejection - Root Cause Identification - Information from ICA

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
taxico
Director
Director

Re: PR Rejection - Root Cause Identification - Information from ICA

Post by taxico » Sun, 05 Feb 2017 1:23 am

G650 wrote:Any ideas on finding the root causes from ICA?
the minister(s) have said time and again that the reason will not be given. most recently by Shanmugam in October 10 '16 in a parliamentary written reply:

“We do not reveal the detailed criteria for granting (Singapore citizenship/PR) as it is not in our interest to do so. Revealing the detailed criteria would, among other things, create sensitivities in their countries of origin.”

take away from that what you will.

i would be remiss to add that in his reply included "plus factor" if an applicant has ties to singapore (ie, family that are SG citizens - not 3rd cousins, but immediate family, i suspect).
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

taxico
Director
Director

Re: PR Rejection - Root Cause Identification - Information from ICA

Post by taxico » Sun, 05 Feb 2017 1:37 am

G650 wrote:As for integration, I do take it seriously. I specifically chose Singapore out of 190+ countries. I've turned down job offers to move the US. Singapore is the closest match to the things that I deeply value (economic freedom, capitalism, rule of law, future orientation and ambition). My best friend is local and at heart, Singapore really is my home.
G650 wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:I think what you said in your last paragraph about how you feels about Singapore has nothing do with the PR application. The real determining factor is about how much Singapore likes you, not how much you like Singapore. Giving up a US job offer in favor of Singapore will not add any value to your PR application.
@ bcheng74, I agree with you 100%. It all comes down to what I can give to Singapore.

The question is what does Singapore want from me (or anyone else)?

> To earn a high salary?
> To work in a strategically important industry?
> To be an Entrepreneur in a strategically important industry?
> To create jobs?
> To show commitment & integration?

I can become all of these things. Not in an insincere way, but to really work on those things and deliver it to Singapore. This is why I started this whole thread, I would need to have a better idea of what's valued by Singapore so I can become that over the long term (in the next few years) :)
a high salary is not necessary to get PR.

you could be a doctor working in geriatrics, but still not SPR/SC.

singapore encourages entrepreneurship, but more so for the locals, or foreign companies (not a private person) so as to employ more singaporeans.

job creation is (usually) through a company. i'm unsure if you're talking about an Sme (emphasis on the S), because it might still be hard graft. throw enough money at it, or be high profile enough, and i think this will hold sway.

i suppose the last two things that you mentioned in your last point will work for you. stay long enough (committment) and find a local gal (? integration?) and you might eventually convince them. you're single, arencha?

if all else fails... stay long enough, apply often enough, and you might just get it. i'm sure time spent in SG has to count for something.

just my 2c. good luck! check back in here from time to time. i'm sure we all hope to get good news from you.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam