Singapore Expats Forum
 

[Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tacdou
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 5:46 pm

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by tacdou » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:56 am

jun-jie.gan wrote:
Fri, 07 Aug 2020 2:33 pm
deals68 wrote:
Wed, 05 Aug 2020 6:57 pm
NRI87 wrote:
Thu, 16 Jul 2020 12:05 pm
Hi guys,

First time poster here, sorry to revive an old (but helpful) thread. I had a few questions regarding the processes upon obtaining PR. I completed the formalities at ICA a few days ago and got my temporary blue IC slip/entry permit and re-entry permit.

First thing is when I try to book a date and time for collection of my IC, I don't get an option for iCollect or even collection at a nearby SingPost - just an in-person appointment at ICA starting mid August - is this the experience of others/reflection of the Covid-19 times? Happy to wait it out but it's a bit less convenient.

I contacted SingPass to update them (was previously on a work pass) but they said the changeover should be automatic in terms of my account, within about 7-14 days - this differs to the advice given in one of the earlier posts.

Also regarding conversion of driver's licence, is it possible to do this with the temporary blue IC slip or is it better to wait for the actual IC before making the change? Have passed BTT etc so this would be last step.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Same here. I could not see any available dates for iCollect and SingPost options. Are they closing these two options temporarily?
Yes, during formalities, the officer told me that iCollect is temporarily not available due to covid situation.
SingPost is the fastest option now.
Yes Singpost is the fastest. ICA appointment will be more than 1 month away and one slot only serves one person

deals68
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 11:56 pm

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by deals68 » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:07 pm

I was just approved PR last month and I have received my IC as well as my new SingPass account.

However I noticed my accounts with other government agencies like IRAS that were linked to my EP FIN have not been transferred into my new IC. Shouldn't this transfer automatic? How long will it usually take?

Also, if I need to raise this issue to the government, which call center should I reach out to? ICA? Thanks.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2833
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:26 pm

deals68 wrote:
Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:07 pm
I was just approved PR last month and I have received my IC as well as my new SingPass account.

However I noticed my accounts with other government agencies like IRAS that were linked to my EP FIN have not been transferred into my new IC. Shouldn't this transfer automatic? How long will it usually take?

Also, if I need to raise this issue to the government, which call center should I reach out to? ICA? Thanks.
It will happen automatically. Please wait for sometime

WoozyDino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 12:22 am

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by WoozyDino » Tue, 15 Sep 2020 9:18 am

Hello, I just completed my PR formalities. I remember reading somewhere that the officer will stamp passport and write IC number on it. I just realized the officer that attended to me did not stamp my passport and write the new IC number on it. May I check if it’s normal or did the office forget to 🤔 Hmm or should I go back to ICA to enquire when I collect my physical IC.. I received the paper copy of re entry and entry permit.

silphco
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 12:12 pm

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by silphco » Sat, 19 Sep 2020 1:19 pm

WoozyDino wrote:
Tue, 15 Sep 2020 9:18 am
Hello, I just completed my PR formalities. I remember reading somewhere that the officer will stamp passport and write IC number on it. I just realized the officer that attended to me did not stamp my passport and write the new IC number on it. May I check if it’s normal or did the office forget to 🤔 Hmm or should I go back to ICA to enquire when I collect my physical IC.. I received the paper copy of re entry and entry permit.
They don’t stamp the passport. You’re just gonna get the two documents and your IC collection slip.

mtnut
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by mtnut » Sat, 19 Sep 2020 1:24 pm

I completed formalities last week, and I have the option to collect my IC from Singpost. However, my spouse has the message "Not Eligible for Alternate Site Collection"

Any idea why this could be?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2833
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 19 Sep 2020 4:22 pm

mtnut wrote:
Sat, 19 Sep 2020 1:24 pm
I completed formalities last week, and I have the option to collect my IC from Singpost. However, my spouse has the message "Not Eligible for Alternate Site Collection"

Any idea why this could be?
The message is very clear. ICA may not reveal the reason on why other options to collect is not available for your spouse. Any problem collecting it from ICA?

mtnut
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 1:41 pm

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by mtnut » Sat, 19 Sep 2020 4:26 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 19 Sep 2020 4:22 pm
The message is very clear. ICA may not reveal the reason on why other options to collect is not available for your spouse. Any problem collecting it from ICA?
The ICA appointment slots are only open more than a month in the future, whereas Singpost is within the week.

I've emailed ICA to try to confirm if having only ICA collection for my spouse is intended (i.e. not a mistake).

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests