Singapore Expats

[Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tacdou

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by tacdou » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:56 am

jun-jie.gan wrote:
Fri, 07 Aug 2020 2:33 pm
deals68 wrote:
Wed, 05 Aug 2020 6:57 pm
NRI87 wrote:
Thu, 16 Jul 2020 12:05 pm
Hi guys,

First time poster here, sorry to revive an old (but helpful) thread. I had a few questions regarding the processes upon obtaining PR. I completed the formalities at ICA a few days ago and got my temporary blue IC slip/entry permit and re-entry permit.

First thing is when I try to book a date and time for collection of my IC, I don't get an option for iCollect or even collection at a nearby SingPost - just an in-person appointment at ICA starting mid August - is this the experience of others/reflection of the Covid-19 times? Happy to wait it out but it's a bit less convenient.

I contacted SingPass to update them (was previously on a work pass) but they said the changeover should be automatic in terms of my account, within about 7-14 days - this differs to the advice given in one of the earlier posts.

Also regarding conversion of driver's licence, is it possible to do this with the temporary blue IC slip or is it better to wait for the actual IC before making the change? Have passed BTT etc so this would be last step.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Same here. I could not see any available dates for iCollect and SingPost options. Are they closing these two options temporarily?
Yes, during formalities, the officer told me that iCollect is temporarily not available due to covid situation.
SingPost is the fastest option now.
Yes Singpost is the fastest. ICA appointment will be more than 1 month away and one slot only serves one person

deals68

Post by deals68 » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:07 pm

I was just approved PR last month and I have received my IC as well as my new SingPass account.

However I noticed my accounts with other government agencies like IRAS that were linked to my EP FIN have not been transferred into my new IC. Shouldn't this transfer automatic? How long will it usually take?

Also, if I need to raise this issue to the government, which call center should I reach out to? ICA? Thanks.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:26 pm

deals68 wrote:
Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:07 pm
I was just approved PR last month and I have received my IC as well as my new SingPass account.

However I noticed my accounts with other government agencies like IRAS that were linked to my EP FIN have not been transferred into my new IC. Shouldn't this transfer automatic? How long will it usually take?

Also, if I need to raise this issue to the government, which call center should I reach out to? ICA? Thanks.
It will happen automatically. Please wait for sometime

WoozyDino

Post by WoozyDino » Tue, 15 Sep 2020 9:18 am

Hello, I just completed my PR formalities. I remember reading somewhere that the officer will stamp passport and write IC number on it. I just realized the officer that attended to me did not stamp my passport and write the new IC number on it. May I check if it’s normal or did the office forget to 🤔 Hmm or should I go back to ICA to enquire when I collect my physical IC.. I received the paper copy of re entry and entry permit.

silphco

Post by silphco » Sat, 19 Sep 2020 1:19 pm

WoozyDino wrote:
Tue, 15 Sep 2020 9:18 am
Hello, I just completed my PR formalities. I remember reading somewhere that the officer will stamp passport and write IC number on it. I just realized the officer that attended to me did not stamp my passport and write the new IC number on it. May I check if it’s normal or did the office forget to 🤔 Hmm or should I go back to ICA to enquire when I collect my physical IC.. I received the paper copy of re entry and entry permit.
They don’t stamp the passport. You’re just gonna get the two documents and your IC collection slip.

mtnut

Post by mtnut » Sat, 19 Sep 2020 1:24 pm

I completed formalities last week, and I have the option to collect my IC from Singpost. However, my spouse has the message "Not Eligible for Alternate Site Collection"

Any idea why this could be?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 19 Sep 2020 4:22 pm

mtnut wrote:
Sat, 19 Sep 2020 1:24 pm
I completed formalities last week, and I have the option to collect my IC from Singpost. However, my spouse has the message "Not Eligible for Alternate Site Collection"

Any idea why this could be?
The message is very clear. ICA may not reveal the reason on why other options to collect is not available for your spouse. Any problem collecting it from ICA?

mtnut

Post by mtnut » Sat, 19 Sep 2020 4:26 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 19 Sep 2020 4:22 pm
The message is very clear. ICA may not reveal the reason on why other options to collect is not available for your spouse. Any problem collecting it from ICA?
The ICA appointment slots are only open more than a month in the future, whereas Singpost is within the week.

I've emailed ICA to try to confirm if having only ICA collection for my spouse is intended (i.e. not a mistake).

mtnut

Post by mtnut » Fri, 25 Sep 2020 2:20 pm

Update: I contacted ICA, they advised it's likely because my wife's fingerprints were not captured clearly enough during formalities :(

Also - any new PR's who are married that noticed that the myinfo for marital status shows up as"Single"? I asked to get it corrected, but am being directed to get verification from Commissioner of Oaths, provide ID's etc. Seems strange given ICA sighted all our documents.

clavie

Post by clavie » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 4:52 pm

regarding [*] Singpass (you have to apply for a new one)

Apparently now they arrange for the whole process without any hassle for you. They create the new SingPass account automatically and send 1 letter to inform about it (mentioning another letter will arrive shortly with the initial password and the old SingPass account will be deactivated). Need to reset the old SingPass (use Reset in the App) and login with NRIC + initial password, create your new password, create an 6-digit numeric PIN and authorize fingerprint if you want. The rest is done by them on back end. =D>

clavie

Post by clavie » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 5:05 pm

mtnut wrote:
Fri, 25 Sep 2020 2:20 pm
Update: I contacted ICA, they advised it's likely because my wife's fingerprints were not captured clearly enough during formalities :(

Also - any new PR's who are married that noticed that the myinfo for marital status shows up as"Single"? I asked to get it corrected, but am being directed to get verification from Commissioner of Oaths, provide ID's etc. Seems strange given ICA sighted all our documents.
My spouse hasn't been requested to use fingerprints during the PR Formalities, only a form to complete and sign.
Yes, same as you, MyInfo shows "Single" and I have sent an e-mail to Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) <[email protected]> (as guided by MyInfo) to report the issue and get it updated. Been married long time and at ROM. They have all records. Dunno why this happened.Waiting for their reply though...
(edit) MSF replied within 3 days, asked for a copy of the marriage cert. The following day they confirmed they updated the status and details in the system and this will be synced in MyInfo.

AvaNicola

Post by AvaNicola » Sun, 06 Dec 2020 9:45 am

Hi all,

This post has helped me thru my journey to PR, so thank u to everyone. I've just received the documents and was told to laminate the entry permit to keep it safe, but couldn't find a reference of it saying that anywhere, perhaps I was mistaken? Just wondering whether anybody did laminate the newest version of their entry permit or just kept it in its original form with copies?

Thank you ~

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 06 Dec 2020 10:01 am

AvaNicola wrote:
Sun, 06 Dec 2020 9:45 am
Hi all,

This post has helped me thru my journey to PR, so thank u to everyone. I've just received the documents and was told to laminate the entry permit to keep it safe, but couldn't find a reference of it saying that anywhere, perhaps I was mistaken? Just wondering whether anybody did laminate the newest version of their entry permit or just kept it in its original form with copies?

Thank you ~

Entry Permit - I did laminate too. You can chose to keep it in a file without laminating too. FYI, i did laminate in the shops just behind ICA and it was not expensive. It is just to keep the document SAFE.

Someone in ICA may have told you to laminate to keep it safe and I don't think it would be mentioned on any website, etc

AvaNicola

Post by AvaNicola » Sun, 06 Dec 2020 11:59 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 06 Dec 2020 10:01 am
AvaNicola wrote:
Sun, 06 Dec 2020 9:45 am
Hi all,

Thank you ~

Entry Permit - I did laminate too. You can chose to keep it in a file without laminating too. FYI, i did laminate in the shops just behind ICA and it was not expensive. It is just to keep the document SAFE.

Someone in ICA may have told you to laminate to keep it safe and I don't think it would be mentioned on any website, etc
Oh good to hear that you've laminated too, wanted to ensure it's kept in the best form. Yes, someone told me from ICA though I couldn't find it anywhere including forums (a search even mentioned some countries consider this as tempering a document) or thru a friend who went thru the process recently, was afraid I remembered wrongly and you've now reassured me :D, thank you for that!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Dec 2020 12:06 pm

If you have a child here, you will note that when your received the Certificate of Birth, it is already laminated. Also, Drivers licenses are laminated (the old ones back in the 80's were just heavyweight paper).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers