Singapore Expats

[Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CoconutTrees

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by CoconutTrees » Sat, 22 Jan 2022 9:53 pm

sranjith wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 9:48 am
Reply: For Singpass registration the easiest way is to head to the CC which handles Singpass password registrations and password reset. It take 10 mins to complete. You will have your singpass activated on the spot. I visited Ang Mo Kio CC behind the AMK MRT.
Interesting. I got sent a Singpass letter in the post automatically, followed by a PIN so that I could set it up online.

One thing that I am more worried about is the whole TraceTogether app. A bit worried that it won't show my Vaccination status as that was recorded under my FIN. Will make it hard getting the shopping done and going to the office fs not! (I'll report back...)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 23 Jan 2022 9:57 am

CoconutTrees wrote:
Sat, 22 Jan 2022 9:53 pm
sranjith wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 9:48 am
Reply: For Singpass registration the easiest way is to head to the CC which handles Singpass password registrations and password reset. It take 10 mins to complete. You will have your singpass activated on the spot. I visited Ang Mo Kio CC behind the AMK MRT.
Interesting. I got sent a Singpass letter in the post automatically, followed by a PIN so that I could set it up online.

One thing that I am more worried about is the whole TraceTogether app. A bit worried that it won't show my Vaccination status as that was recorded under my FIN. Will make it hard getting the shopping done and going to the office fs not! (I'll report back...)
In SG, you don't need to worry, When they link your New NRIC with your old FIN - the entire history is still available. This is SG

prissyyy

Post by prissyyy » Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:30 pm

Hey guys,

I just got my IPA letter! Was just wondering whats the formalities meeting in ICA is like?

Any interview? Should I bring original copy of documents and spare photocopy versions for them to keep? What does the officer actually do during the meeting?
I'm nervous!

Cheers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:31 pm

prissyyy wrote:
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:30 pm
Hey guys,

I just got my IPA letter! Was just wondering whats the formalities meeting in ICA is like?

Any interview? Should I bring original copy of documents and spare photocopy versions for them to keep? What does the officer actually do during the meeting?
I'm nervous!

Cheers
Did your IPA document not indicate what documents you need to bring?

prissyyy

Post by prissyyy » Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:35 pm

refer below
Last edited by prissyyy on Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prissyyy

Post by prissyyy » Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:37 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:31 pm
prissyyy wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm nervous!

Cheers
Yep I know what documents to bring, but should I bring in spare copies along with original for the officer and was wondering what do they ask in the interview?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 23 Jan 2022 4:22 pm

prissyyy wrote:
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:37 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
prissyyy wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm nervous!

Cheers
Yep I know what documents to bring, but should I bring in spare copies along with original for the officer and was wondering what do they ask in the interview?
There is no such interview. they may just check your original documents and pass it back to you. Copies of documents is needed only if they have indicated in the IPA letter.

prissyyy

Post by prissyyy » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 1:14 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 4:22 pm
prissyyy wrote:
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:37 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

There is no such interview. they may just check your original documents and pass it back to you. Copies of documents is needed only if they have indicated in the IPA letter.
oh right! thank you!

sgpexpat50

Post by sgpexpat50 » Fri, 25 Mar 2022 2:10 am

yoongcy421 wrote:
Tue, 24 Jul 2018 2:55 pm
Any suggestions on where to get non-overpriced passport photos per their requirement?
Are those self service booths good enough?
Dont take from self-service booths, they were rejected as they were "glossy", get it from normal photo shops. Tell the person it is matt and for PR.

NoThisIsPatrick

Post by NoThisIsPatrick » Thu, 14 Apr 2022 8:05 am

Hi, I just got my PR formalities completed and was hoping that someone who went through the same can share some tips:

1) What is driver’s license update protocol? Can I do it online? If not, where do I need to go?

2) What happens to vehicles registered under my EP number in onemotoring? Is there a way to move vehicle to new IC without initiating (and paying for) a transfer?

3) Is there a need to update vehicle insurance provider? Insurance policy doesn’t state my FIN number anywhere.

Thanks a lot!

redohealthcheckup

Post by redohealthcheckup » Thu, 21 Apr 2022 10:49 pm

PSA to anyone not doing the medical checkup because they've done one within the last two years - even though I had done a medical checkup within the last two years for the EP I was asked to do it again during the appointment because MoM had not updated ICA with those records.

The ICA officer gave me details of two clinics from which I could (possibly) get it done within the day. She asked me to call and confirm before going. Obviously, the clinic charged me $50 extra for the urgent service. Thankfully, my appointment was in the morning so I was able to get the report and submit to ICA to complete the formalities on the same day.

I don't know if there is a way to check this beforehand. Sharing it so that someone else may not get the same surprise...

Lolrolf

Post by Lolrolf » Fri, 29 Apr 2022 8:31 am

My PR was approved few weeks ago.

About to do my formalities,

Can i ask if have change my title (occupation) in the same company, should i update it in ep152? Or should i put the same occupations based on my application? No different on salary

TIA!!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 29 Apr 2022 9:15 am

Lolrolf wrote:
Fri, 29 Apr 2022 8:31 am

Can i ask if have change my title (occupation) in the same company, should i update it in ep152? Or should i put the same occupations based on my application? No different on salary

TIA!!
Update EP152 when completing formalities. It will be ok

Lolrolf

Post by Lolrolf » Fri, 06 May 2022 12:46 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 29 Apr 2022 9:15 am
Lolrolf wrote:
Fri, 29 Apr 2022 8:31 am

TIA!!
Update EP152 when completing formalities. It will be ok
Done with my formalities, thank you. Everything went smoothly.

Quoric

Post by Quoric » Sun, 08 May 2022 7:08 pm

Can I resign from my current job if the appointment for PR formalities will be conducted following week?