Singapore Expats

[Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
maxi_ippa

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by maxi_ippa » Thu, 18 Mar 2021 6:59 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 16 Mar 2021 7:23 pm
maxi_ippa wrote:
Mon, 15 Mar 2021 11:59 pm
Michealt wrote:
Sun, 21 Feb 2021 11:21 am

Thanks. Do u or anyone mind to share what is the latest documents need to prepare for the formalities?

I still waiting for my letter
G'day!
Just curious as i didn't notice, can anyone please share an image of the 'document checklist for the completion of pr formalities'.
Thanks much! :D
It will vary based on the category used for PR applications. (ex) PTS, sponsored by SC, SPR, etc Why are you curious about this?
at first sight, I couldn't find child-related docs in the checklist. I have clarified w/ ICA and it's under the applicant section.
In case it helps the community here... there are # of photo booths at the HDB block 468/465 behind the ICA building and ones which opens as early as 0700 hrs...

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Sun, 28 Mar 2021 6:04 pm

Can anyone tell what original documents are required on the approval of PR under PTS scheme. It seems I misplaced the document which I signed at the time of applying PR and also kid birth certificate!

LitecoinSingapore

Post by LitecoinSingapore » Sat, 03 Apr 2021 6:01 pm

deals68 wrote:
Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:07 pm
I was just approved PR last month and I have received my IC as well as my new SingPass account.

However I noticed my accounts with other government agencies like IRAS that were linked to my EP FIN have not been transferred into my new IC. Shouldn't this transfer automatic? How long will it usually take?

Also, if I need to raise this issue to the government, which call center should I reach out to? ICA? Thanks.
Hi! How did you receieve your new Singpass account? I thought it would be ported over automatically -- how long did you have to wait?

ololo

Post by ololo » Mon, 19 Jul 2021 1:01 pm

Thank you all for this extremely useful thread. I wish we can receive a kind of "welcome letter" from ICA with all this info or at least a simple guide on one of the government websites.

MajulahSingapura

Post by MajulahSingapura » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 9:34 pm

Hello everyone!

Is there anyone, whose PR is recently approved and their family members(co-applicants) stucked overseas due to border restrictions?
Please suggest what to do in that case. Thanks in advance.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:19 pm

MajulahSingapura wrote:
Sat, 21 Aug 2021 9:34 pm
Hello everyone!

Is there anyone, whose PR is recently approved and their family members(co-applicants) stucked overseas due to border restrictions?
Please suggest what to do in that case. Thanks in advance.
Write to ICA and ask them what to do? also try to get family member into SG soon as SG has now opened up entry approval for some countries.

novaandbong

Post by novaandbong » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 1:47 pm

Hi, just sharing what I found out. After waiting for 2 weeks and IRAS record has not been updated (didn't sync my FIN with new NRIC), I chatted with IRAS officer. She told me to put in a case here http://go.gov.sg/iras-id-sync so they can pull data from ICA to sync - will take 5 working days. So you can do this as soon as you complete your formalities

thenmoli.virasamy

Post by thenmoli.virasamy » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:43 pm

Hi, currently my son at Malaysia and our SPR approved. Is there any chance to process the formalities separately?

Hope someone can help me to guide

Thanks in advance

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 01 Sep 2021 9:32 am

thenmoli.virasamy wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:43 pm
Hi, currently my son at Malaysia and our SPR approved. Is there any chance to process the formalities separately?

Thanks in advance
In normal situation No. But since now is the pandemic, you can write to ICA and ask. They may consider.

MajulahSingapura

Post by MajulahSingapura » Thu, 02 Sep 2021 12:05 pm

thenmoli.virasamy wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:43 pm

Thanks in advance
Hi
I asked ICA , they said to get approval from safe travels for my family to return SG.
I think it's case to case.
Please also let me know what they suggested to you.
My family still stuck overseas waiting for entry approval.

CoconutTrees

Post by CoconutTrees » Wed, 12 Jan 2022 1:05 pm

Following granting of PR, does anyone know what documents one's employer actually needs?

I'd rather not give my HR more documents than necessary, and the ICA officer indicated the Entry Permit needed to be sent to my employer's HR, whilst my HR colleagues have asked for everything (Entry Permit, Re-Entry Permit, NRIC).

I am somewhat dubious as to whether they are just asking for everything out of laziness.

Can't find information on the various websites unfortunately. Can anyone here please advise based on their experience?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 Jan 2022 3:10 pm

CoconutTrees wrote:
Wed, 12 Jan 2022 1:05 pm
Following granting of PR, does anyone know what documents one's employer actually needs?

I'd rather not give my HR more documents than necessary, and the ICA officer indicated the Entry Permit needed to be sent to my employer's HR, whilst my HR colleagues have asked for everything (Entry Permit, Re-Entry Permit, NRIC).

I am somewhat dubious as to whether they are just asking for everything out of laziness.

Can't find information on the various websites unfortunately. Can anyone here please advise based on their experience?
Entry Permit and your NRIC copy.

sranjith

Post by sranjith » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 9:48 am

Reply: For Singpass registration the easiest way is to head to the CC which handles Singpass password registrations and password reset. It take 10 mins to complete. You will have your singpass activated on the spot. I visited Ang Mo Kio CC behind the AMK MRT.

beard1 wrote:
Fri, 10 Feb 2017 5:27 pm
xyue826 wrote: Hi,
How about the CPF and Medishield ? We don't need to bother this part right ? I know that we need to create a new Singpass and how about the old one ?
Perfect timing, because I've just been going through the various steps for this so I have an update.

1. No need to worry about CPF/Medishield for now. When you do your Medishield declaration as part of completing the formalities, this triggers CPF so they know you're about to get your PR card. Once ICA confirms that you have now become a PR, CPF will send you a welcome pack (this is according to the CPF Medishield Declaration letter; I haven't received mine yet).

2. Singpass is a little messy, but not particularly difficult. If you have no existing Singpass, just register for a new one once you get your NRIC.

If you do have a Singpass, you have to do a little legwork.

First, you need to call the Singpass hotline and tell them you've recently become a PR, and you need to remove the phone/email number associated with your old Singpass (assuming you plan to use the same phone and email). They will quote 3-5 days for this to happen, but for me it took about 5 hours. They will call you back once this is done, and then you can proceed to register for a Singpass account.

After your Singpass is registered (just follow the instructions, there is a mini-maze of pins, passwords and mailers as usual), you will need to set up 2FA and also call Assurity's 24h hotline (2FA service provider) and let them know you've converted from an immigration pass/FIN-based Singpass to being a PR. They will know what to do. In theory they may not even need to do much but this is a due-diligence step.

sranjith

Post by sranjith » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 9:49 am

beard1 wrote:
Wed, 01 Feb 2017 1:45 pm
Adding more info:

- if you have an SG driver's license, this will need to be updated to reflect your IC no.
- The ICA now have an self-collection option (iCollect) at the ICA building lobby; it authenticates the collection by using your fingerprints and iris scan. This is (as of now) the fastest way to get your hands on your IC (e.g. 6 working days for me)
HOW do I update the drivers licenses? Can this be done online?

sranjith

Post by sranjith » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 9:54 am

beard1 wrote:
Fri, 10 Feb 2017 5:27 pm
xyue826 wrote: Hi,
How about the CPF and Medishield ? We don't need to bother this part right ? I know that we need to create a new Singpass and how about the old one ?
Perfect timing, because I've just been going through the various steps for this so I have an update.

1. No need to worry about CPF/Medishield for now. When you do your Medishield declaration as part of completing the formalities, this triggers CPF so they know you're about to get your PR card. Once ICA confirms that you have now become a PR, CPF will send you a welcome pack (this is according to the CPF Medishield Declaration letter; I haven't received mine yet).

2. Singpass is a little messy, but not particularly difficult. If you have no existing Singpass, just register for a new one once you get your NRIC.

If you do have a Singpass, you have to do a little legwork.

First, you need to call the Singpass hotline and tell them you've recently become a PR, and you need to remove the phone/email number associated with your old Singpass (assuming you plan to use the same phone and email). They will quote 3-5 days for this to happen, but for me it took about 5 hours. They will call you back once this is done, and then you can proceed to register for a Singpass account.

After your Singpass is registered (just follow the instructions, there is a mini-maze of pins, passwords and mailers as usual), you will need to set up 2FA and also call Assurity's 24h hotline (2FA service provider) and let them know you've converted from an immigration pass/FIN-based Singpass to being a PR. They will know what to do. In theory they may not even need to do much but this is a due-diligence step.
For CPF account I was told that it would be automatically created once the first topup is performed by your employer.
However, my wife does not work. DO I need to top-up her account manually? I read in one of the websites that medishield premium willbe deducted every year in the month of Jan. What happens if the cpf account is still not created? (In my case I became PR last month)