Singapore Expats

[Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 07 Jun 2018 6:59 pm

Renazukai27 wrote:Hi, we just received my IPA letter that my PR is approved. The only problem is im not in Singapore now, is there a chance or possibility that i can send them online my documents for Formalities? Or can extend that 2 months? Because i cant really make it to come back in that 2months notice. Hope someone here can advice me. Appreciate it much. Thank you.
You can email ICA and ask them to extend the validity of IPA, if you have a valid reason. For sure, you cannot complete the formalities online.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 07 Jun 2018 7:02 pm

Renazukai27 wrote:Hi, we just received my IPA letter that my PR is approved. The only problem is im not in Singapore now, is there a chance or possibility that i can send them online my documents for Formalities? Or can extend that 2 months? Because i cant really make it to come back in that 2months notice. Hope someone here can advice me. Appreciate it much. Thank you.
Are you in jail where ever you are?

Is the PR important to you , if so I rather think that taking one day out of your life in the next 2 months isnt really that big a deal is it when you think about.

Look for a Friday afternoon appointment , then you can be back in work Monday if thats an issue.

One day leave!

See the Govt website.

https://eappointment.ica.gov.sg/ibook/j ... aqPrcf.jsp
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Renazukai27

Post by Renazukai27 » Thu, 07 Jun 2018 9:59 pm

Im in Philippines now, i will be undergo for operation. Thats why i cant travel in that time. I hope they will extend the validity of IPA. PR is important to me, i hope they will extend the validity of IPA. Thank you for the response.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 08 Jun 2018 5:02 pm

Renazukai27 wrote:Im in Philippines now, i will be undergo for operation. Thats why i cant travel in that time. I hope they will extend the validity of IPA. PR is important to me, i hope they will extend the validity of IPA. Thank you for the response.
Operation for 2 months? Are you not employed in SG?

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Sun, 10 Jun 2018 2:47 pm

Hi want to check during formalities is our passport or EP going to be hold by ICA as I will have overseas trip only less than a week tho

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:18 am

jackyjacky88 wrote:Hi want to check during formalities is our passport or EP going to be hold by ICA as I will have overseas trip only less than a week tho
They will cancel your EP and not hold your passport. You will be given a REP to enter SG.

yoongcy421

Post by yoongcy421 » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 2:55 pm

Any suggestions on where to get non-overpriced passport photos per their requirement?
Are those self service booths good enough?

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 25 Jul 2018 3:55 am

Are you kidding? You’d let overpriced passport photos be a consideration for completing PR formalities?

Don’t go to any shop near the ICA, those are definitely overpriced. Check HDB shops far from Lavender for the best deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Jul 2018 10:15 am

^^^^ THIS! LOL It takes all kinds, yeah?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

luckycricket

Post by luckycricket » Wed, 25 Jul 2018 12:26 pm

yoongcy421 wrote:Any suggestions on where to get non-overpriced passport photos per their requirement?
Are those self service booths good enough?
self service booths will not be OK .... may be you can check with banks if they have any low interest loan scheme for this. :cool:

blaxsnake

Post by blaxsnake » Thu, 26 Jul 2018 8:01 am

Lol what kind of questions is this..
Self service booth and the shops nearby ica also no diff
Maybe u can consider take a photo back to your country? Ops sorry the ticket price might make it even more expensive.. Or maybe no need to apply then.. Wait for the passport photos price drops next few years..

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Jul 2018 9:00 am

^^^^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yoongcy421

Post by yoongcy421 » Sat, 04 Aug 2018 5:22 pm

wow really all kinds of judge-y people here (or defensive Singaporeans over their country? hehe kidding).

I think this is a valid question. Because I went to the malls to ask and was quoted $12 for 4 photos at the photo shop. If this is not overpriced. I dont know what is.

Anyway, for people who want to know, so far the ICA one is the cheapest at level 1. $6.30 for 4 photos.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Aug 2018 1:10 pm

No, you just have to wonder about people who would gamble their whole future over a $12 card of photos. These are just the kinds of people we need here. Very few Singaporeans here on this site. Except in the beauty & airlines. Those are full of local wannabes (in both forums).

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Tue, 16 Oct 2018 2:25 pm

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if my CPF account will be automatically created after obtaining PR status? Or do I need to create it on my own? Sorry if this has been asked before. I literally just got my PR, still very noob. Thank you!