Singapore Expats

[Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by Bakulii » Tue, 16 Oct 2018 4:36 pm

Congratulations on getting your PR! From your question, I assume you have not worked before in Singapore and therefore has no contributions made into your CPF account yet.

Your CPF account is automatically set up once you have been issued with a NRIC. All you need to do now is to register for a Singpass so that you can access your CPF account online.

https://www.singpass.gov.sg/singpass/common/faq

akhil89

Post by akhil89 » Fri, 16 Nov 2018 7:41 pm

beard1 wrote:Adding more info:

- if you have an SG driver's license, this will need to be updated to reflect your IC no.
- The ICA now have an self-collection option (iCollect) at the ICA building lobby; it authenticates the collection by using your fingerprints and iris scan. This is (as of now) the fastest way to get your hands on your IC (e.g. 6 working days for me)
Can anyone tell me how much does it cost to change my driver's license to reflect my new NRIC and how long will it take be done and I will receive?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

smokycoffee

Post by smokycoffee » Fri, 16 Nov 2018 7:55 pm

Hi everyone,
May I know which address do they send the approved IPA to?
I am currently residing overseas which I stated in my application however I did provide my parents address in Singapore as well. The complicating part is my IC address (I no longer live there due to previous marriage, flat not resolved yet). Is the online status update instant?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 16 Nov 2018 10:13 pm

smokycoffee wrote:Hi everyone,
I am currently residing overseas which I stated in my application however I did provide my parents address in Singapore as well. The complicating part is my IC address (I no longer live there due to previous marriage, flat not resolved yet). Is the online status update instant?
You are spamming with the same questions regarding status update in multiple threads. Status update will reflect online within 2-3 days after approval.

smokycoffee

Post by smokycoffee » Fri, 16 Nov 2018 10:45 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
smokycoffee wrote:Hi everyone,
You are spamming with the same questions regarding status update in multiple threads. Status update will reflect online within 2-3 days after approval.

sorry and thanks for your clarifications.

bellameow

Post by bellameow » Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:59 am

Got my PR approval. Yay!

Went for health checkup and the clinic took the first page of my ICA letter.
Submitted health declaration for Medishield then only notice that I am suppose to make an e-appointment one day after the acknowledgement letter.

Wanted to make appointment but don't have the details.
Is it okay to set up the appointment later?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Mar 2019 1:37 pm

](*,) #-o Here come the losers again. His profile isn't yours and is totally immaterial as to whether you will be approved or not.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Peanuts1974

Post by Peanuts1974 » Thu, 11 Apr 2019 4:30 am

Hi. All,
Just got PR approved in principle.
Is there a way my wife( sponsor) who happens to be in Singapore now can meet ICA officer ahead of me ( currently in Europe ) so that my wife does not need to fly back to Singapore in the next 2 months to meet the ICA officer together? She is due to come back to Europe this week end.

jzlee911

Post by jzlee911 » Mon, 15 Apr 2019 2:48 pm

Guys, as for the photo, the safest bet is to take at the ICA building level 1 as I got rejected by the officer saying that the photo I take from the photo kiosk is too glossy. They only accept matte surface.

Peanuts1974

Post by Peanuts1974 » Tue, 16 Apr 2019 5:37 am

Hi,
Now that you did the formalities, and presumably tried to book your IC card collection, how many days after was the earliest you could collect it?
Thanks

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Tue, 16 Jul 2019 2:29 pm

Just completed the formalities for my wife and daughter yesterday and now looking at options to collect my wife's new IC on the ICA online appointment site.

She could collect it herself at a post office next week, but as she is not going to be around then I will have to arrange to collect it for her at the ICA building - and the next appointment date for that is in about 1 months time.

Note that if the IC is to be collected by another person then it must be collected at the ICA building.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Jul 2019 3:30 pm

jzlee911 wrote:
Mon, 15 Apr 2019 2:48 pm
Guys, as for the photo, the safest bet is to take at the ICA building level 1 as I got rejected by the officer saying that the photo I take from the photo kiosk is too glossy. They only accept matte surface.

I believe that they have removed the photo machine at the ICA building recently. You may want to check to make sure before making a trip down there.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Tue, 16 Jul 2019 5:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 3:30 pm
jzlee911 wrote:
Mon, 15 Apr 2019 2:48 pm

I believe that they have removed the photo machine at the ICA building recently. You may want to check to make sure before making a trip down there.
Judging by the number of people queuing up outside those photo/visa shops nearby the ICA Building yesterday I would say that this is true

CheongJiaMing

Post by CheongJiaMing » Tue, 16 Jul 2019 5:31 pm

Hi guys, i want to apply for PR but the there is a possibility that it may be approved during my exam period. Its a national exam in Singapore and it is really important to me and i wouldnt have the time and energy to complete the process, so is there a possibility that they will extend the validity of the IPA by one or 2 months?

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Tue, 16 Jul 2019 5:38 pm

CheongJiaMing wrote:
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 5:31 pm
Hi guys, i want to apply for PR but the there is a possibility that it may be approved during my exam period. Its a national exam in Singapore and it is really important to me and i wouldnt have the time and energy to complete the process, so is there a possibility that they will extend the validity of the IPA by one or 2 months?
If you haven't applied yet then I wouldn't worry too much about it being approved any time soon. We waited over a year and a half for the approval, and that was after a similar wait and rejection the time before that.
However, if events do pan out as you suggest and If you have a valid reason to extend the IPA then you email the ICA and ask for an extension. They gave us an additional month to complete the formalities as at the time of receiving the IPA letter, my wife and daughter were in their home country and had just submitted their passports for renewal.