Singapore Expats

[Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 08 May 2022 9:23 pm

Quoric wrote:
Sun, 08 May 2022 7:08 pm
Can I resign from my current job if the appointment for PR formalities will be conducted following week?
What matters is if your employer has signed the EP152 form. example: if you have a notice period of 1 month from tomorrow, it is ok.

But if you resign and you are without job/EP when you complete formalities or if your employer creates problem in submitting EP152 then it is is an issue.

This is one reason employers are unwilling to get their employees get PR. The moment they get PR, the next action is job change

Quoric

Post by Quoric » Sun, 08 May 2022 9:54 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 08 May 2022 9:23 pm
Quoric wrote:
Sun, 08 May 2022 7:08 pm
Can I resign from my current job if the appointment for PR formalities will be conducted following week?
What matters is if your employer has signed the EP152 form. example: if you have a notice period of 1 month from tomorrow, it is ok.

But if you resign and you are without job/EP when you complete formalities or if your employer creates problem in submitting EP152 then it is is an issue.

This is one reason employers are unwilling to get their employees get PR. The moment they get PR, the next action is job change
Thanks!

Lolrolf

Post by Lolrolf » Tue, 10 May 2022 9:09 pm

NoThisIsPatrick wrote:
Thu, 14 Apr 2022 8:05 am
Hi, I just got my PR formalities completed and was hoping that someone who went through the same can share some tips:

1) What is driver’s license update protocol? Can I do it online? If not, where do I need to go?

2) What happens to vehicles registered under my EP number in onemotoring? Is there a way to move vehicle to new IC without initiating (and paying for) a transfer?

3) Is there a need to update vehicle insurance provider? Insurance policy doesn’t state my FIN number anywhere.

Thanks a lot!
hi there, do you have any update on these?

1. I believe you need to convert it to traffic police HQ in ubi, since your new driving license wont have expiry date
2&3. How do you update the particular? (Another way is to transfer the ownership to your new NRIC)

WrongGin

Post by WrongGin » Tue, 24 May 2022 8:25 pm

Hi all,

I'm a Singaporean with my foreign wife and we applied for PR last year, I left my recent job just a week ago to explore other job opportunities but we received our IPA letter today, one of the item I needed to provide is "recent payslip prior to appointment date". Since the appointment slot for May has been booked fully, we can only book a slot in June, but my May payslip won't indicate the full month pay.

Should I inform ICA that I have just left my job and would this prevent us from getting our formalities completed? or should I try to secure a job first before completing the formalities? Im worried that I may not be able to secure a job before the validity of the IPA expires due to the long process of job hunting

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 24 May 2022 11:28 pm

WrongGin wrote:
Tue, 24 May 2022 8:25 pm
Hi all,

I'm a Singaporean with my foreign wife and we applied for PR last year, I left my recent job just a week ago to explore other job opportunities but we received our IPA letter today, one of the item I needed to provide is "recent payslip prior to appointment date". Since the appointment slot for May has been booked fully, we can only book a slot in June, but my May payslip won't indicate the full month pay.

Should I inform ICA that I have just left my job and would this prevent us from getting our formalities completed? or should I try to secure a job first before completing the formalities? Im worried that I may not be able to secure a job before the validity of the IPA expires due to the long process of job hunting
If you can find a job that will be better. Else you may need to show April and may payslips

V in your area

Post by V in your area » Thu, 26 May 2022 5:01 pm

Hello
Can you tell me when you applied last year?
Because my husband and I are waiting for the PR result. We also applied last year in Augest.
WrongGin wrote:
Tue, 24 May 2022 8:25 pm
Hi all,

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 May 2022 9:41 pm

Between 12 and 24 months generally. Normally, between 12 and 18 but occasionally as long as 26 months. It is what it is. How long is a piece of string. The length of time is NOT an indication of the potential for rejection or approval.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

WrongGin

Post by WrongGin » Fri, 27 May 2022 12:10 am

V in your area wrote:
Thu, 26 May 2022 5:01 pm
Hello
Can you tell me when you applied last year?
Because my husband and I are waiting for the PR result. We also applied last year in Augest.
We applied last year on October 2021. I think we got pretty lucky, I asked around with my colleagues and friends, some waited 9-12 months and 1 even waited for a year but still got rejected. So we werent hopeful to receive the IPA this year. I hope my resignation of job doesn't jeopardize this chance #-o

1 month ago, we applied to renew her LTVP and we got the LTVP-IPA early this month. After we made the payment and booked a slot to collect the new card, I jokingly said to my wife "maybe after we make payment the ICA approve your PR then cannot refund liao" :lol:

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 15 Jun 2022 6:09 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 12 Jan 2022 3:10 pm

Entry Permit and your NRIC copy.
Currently my husband only has a temporary IC which is a slip of paper. It is better for him to get the blue IC then update his employer, right? Or will the employer accept the temp IC first and then he updates employer when he gets the actual IC?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 15 Jun 2022 6:15 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Wed, 15 Jun 2022 6:09 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 12 Jan 2022 3:10 pm

Entry Permit and your NRIC copy.
Currently my husband only has a temporary IC which is a slip of paper. It is better for him to get the blue IC then update his employer, right? Or will the employer accept the temp IC first and then he updates employer when he gets the actual IC?
Update with Temp IC slip and then later with the actual IC is ok.

crystal727

Post by crystal727 » Tue, 21 Jun 2022 8:01 pm

Hii

Can I check that the Payments stated in IPA letter will be make online before the appointment with ICA or we will make payment on the appointment date? haha sorry cuz I cant not find the guide where to make payment in letter or else in e-services/ My ICA.. Thank youu!

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 21 Jun 2022 8:17 pm

crystal727 wrote:
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 8:01 pm
Hii

Can I check that the Payments stated in IPA letter will be make online before the appointment with ICA or we will make payment on the appointment date? haha sorry cuz I cant not find the guide where to make payment in letter or else in e-services/ My ICA.. Thank youu!
You make payment at the counter on the appointment date and it happens near the end of the appointment. Basically the IPA tells you to bring your credit card/NETS/cash.

There were applicants at the counter calling out to their SC spouses (who were waiting) for their credit card, it was amusing.

yosithezet

Post by yosithezet » Fri, 02 Sep 2022 4:25 pm

YugiChala wrote:
Wed, 05 Aug 2020 11:21 am
You will need to get a replacement license card as your current license card will be based on FIN number. You can apply in person for replacement card in the Traffic Police HQ. Go there with a passport size photo, new NRIC card and cash/nets for payment. After your application you will receive the new License card based on your NRIC in around 10 days. Delivered to your home address. Your current License card based on FIN will have an expiry but the replacement one based on NRIC won't have an expiry. It'll be valid as long as your PR is valid.
Does anyone know if the Traffic Police will accept the SPR Entry Permit or REP received from the ICA counter or must we wait until the plastic NRIC card is received?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 02 Sep 2022 5:41 pm

yosithezet wrote:
Fri, 02 Sep 2022 4:25 pm
Does anyone know if the Traffic Police will accept the SPR Entry Permit or REP received from the ICA counter or must we wait until the plastic NRIC card is received?
Your answer was within the same page you quoted the post from.
YugiChala wrote:
Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:19 am
3. You will need the new IC physical card for the License conversion. Temporary blue IC slip is not accepted.

itachi_uchiha

Post by itachi_uchiha » Thu, 26 Oct 2023 1:21 pm

If you'd like to speed up the process to port the helper details from FIN to new NRIC, you may use the below link.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/update-fdw-details

I called MOM customer care and the officer gave this link. My helper's pass was about to expire so didn't want to wait much.