Singapore Expats Forum

[Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CheongJiaMing

Re: [Guide] PR Approved - now what?

Post by CheongJiaMing » Tue, 16 Jul 2019 5:41 pm

How long did it take for the reply to come back from ICA?

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Tue, 16 Jul 2019 9:44 pm

CheongJiaMing wrote:
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 5:41 pm
How long did it take for the reply to come back from ICA?
Around 3 or 4 days

CheongJiaMing

Post by CheongJiaMing » Wed, 17 Jul 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks a lot!!

lavanyam90

Post by lavanyam90 » Wed, 07 Aug 2019 8:38 pm

Hi,

new member here, learnt a lot from the forums. Thanks for the wealth of information.

I am an SC. I sponsored my husband for a PR. It was approved ~10 days ago according to iEnquiry.

We live overseas. So they have to send the physical letter to my registered overseas address. But we haven't received the letter yet - I'm a bit worried. Can anyone share how long it took for the letter to come once you saw the approval on iEnquiry? Anyone with experience receiving the letter overseas? Is there any point in booking tickets back to Singapore & going to ICA for the formalities without the letter?

I called ICA but all they said was to wait longer & if I hadn't received in 2 weeks, to email them. I've already emailed but no response :|

Thanks a lot in advance for your collective wisdom. I checked previous threads but couldn't find a similar post which was recent enough.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 07 Aug 2019 9:46 pm

lavanyam90 wrote:
Wed, 07 Aug 2019 8:38 pm
Hi,

new member here, learnt a lot from the forums. Thanks for the wealth of information.

I am an SC. I sponsored my husband for a PR. It was approved ~10 days ago according to iEnquiry.

We live overseas. So they have to send the physical letter to my registered overseas address. But we haven't received the letter yet - I'm a bit worried. Can anyone share how long it took for the letter to come once you saw the approval on iEnquiry? Anyone with experience receiving the letter overseas? Is there any point in booking tickets back to Singapore & going to ICA for the formalities without the letter?

I called ICA but all they said was to wait longer & if I hadn't received in 2 weeks, to email them. I've already emailed but no response :|

Thanks a lot in advance for your collective wisdom. I checked previous threads but couldn't find a similar post which was recent enough.
They have asked you to wait for 2 weeks, did you wait? Your post says it has been only 10 days since you saw the status on ienquiry? Why not wait patiently for one more week?

If ICA told you something and you press them again and again, they usually stick to their same stand. Will ask you to wait for the time that they have told you.

Please wait patiently.

lavanyam90

Post by lavanyam90 » Fri, 16 Aug 2019 10:43 am

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Request the hivemind's help urgently -

We received a mail from ICA saying the letter was mailed out on 26 July. and is valid for 1 month.

Obviously we haven't received the letter yet. So they suggested flying to SG and collecting the hard copy from ICA. Plus there's a time constraint as we just have 10 days left for the IPA's validity.

SO, was wondering if anyone could share the document checklist that the ICA sent? So that we can try to get as many documents as possible ready before flying out?

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 16 Aug 2019 12:18 pm

lavanyam90 wrote:
Fri, 16 Aug 2019 10:43 am
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Request the hivemind's help urgently -

We received a mail from ICA saying the letter was mailed out on 26 July. and is valid for 1 month.

Obviously we haven't received the letter yet. So they suggested flying to SG and collecting the hard copy from ICA. Plus there's a time constraint as we just have 10 days left for the IPA's validity.

SO, was wondering if anyone could share the document checklist that the ICA sent? So that we can try to get as many documents as possible ready before flying out?
ICA may be constantly updating the list of documents needed. Better, email ICA or call ICA Helpline and find out the list of documents needed.

Please also note that you cannot just walkin and complete formalities for PR. You will need an appointment to complete PR formalities. So, ask ICA about the same too.

If I remember right, they will also need a HIV/TB tests for the PR Applicant and best is to get this done in Singapore.