Singapore Expats Forum
 

Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

One World International School
nathan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 1:57 pm

Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by nathan86 » Mon, 30 Jan 2017 2:01 pm

Hello,

I am moving to Singapore from India on EP and i received IPA letter with single journey visa. Could you please tell me if this IPA letter is enough to clear immigration in Singapore or any other documents required.

Also, advise me where to look for stay as my office is located near Seletar Aerospace (Dist 28).

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 30 Jan 2017 7:02 pm

To just clear immigration you will need your passport and IPA. Nothing else.

For collecting your EP card later, the documents needed will be mentioned on the IPA letter.

nathan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 1:57 pm

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by nathan86 » Tue, 31 Jan 2017 3:50 pm

thank you

shiv1408
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by shiv1408 » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 2:23 pm

Nathan86,
Just want to know how much time did your EP application took to get approved?
Have a good stay in SG.

Regards,
Shiv

sivakarthk@gmail.com
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 4:26 pm

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by sivakarthk@gmail.com » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 4:37 pm

May I know documents required at immigration along with IPA,
IPA is alone enough to enter into Singapore

please help me

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 09 Apr 2017 7:53 pm

sivakarthk@gmail.com wrote:May I know documents required at immigration along with IPA,
IPA is alone enough to enter into Singapore

please help me
For Indian applicants, IPA serves as a single entry visa.

What other documents ?

Your employer or MOM - in rare circumstances, May want to see your credentials and documents, in original form.

Sent from my ASUS_X00BD using Tapatalk

sun89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:14 pm

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by sun89 » Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:17 pm

I received a job offer in Singapore. I also received an IPA presenting Single Visa Entry of Singapore. Against the same, I entered Singapore on 29th Feb 2020, however, due to a family issue, I had to leave Singapore on the same day (29th Feb 2020) to my home country.
Therefore, I am yet to receive the work pass.

Currently, I don't have the entry visa of Singapore and am facing problem to find out the best procedure to apply for the same.

I will really appreciate any help provided at your end.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:26 pm

sun89 wrote:
Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:17 pm
I received a job offer in Singapore. I also received an IPA presenting Single Visa Entry of Singapore. Against the same, I entered Singapore on 29th Feb 2020, however, due to a family issue, I had to leave Singapore on the same day (29th Feb 2020) to my home country.
Therefore, I am yet to receive the work pass.

Currently, I don't have the entry visa of Singapore and am facing problem to find out the best procedure to apply for the same.

I will really appreciate any help provided at your end.
Has your employer issued your Pass or not via EPOL?

If he has issued you would have got the notification letter,

The notification letter:
It allows them to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card
Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if you have a change of travel plans.

sun89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:14 pm

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by sun89 » Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:40 pm

Not yet. As I mentioned on the same day I left Singapore. My employer said to apply for entring again at my own capacity. How could I? I mean what type of visa?

Sbk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 6:39 pm

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by Sbk » Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:47 pm

If you employer advised you to apply at your own capacity, you need to just apply a SG visit pass from the approved agency at your home country, you will be asked purpose of visiting SG, simply mentioned your work and approval. That should gain you a visa, get down here and do what you have to.

sun89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:14 pm

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by sun89 » Fri, 06 Mar 2020 11:13 pm

Sbk wrote:
Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:47 pm
If you employer advised you to apply at your own capacity, you need to just apply a SG visit pass from the approved agency at your home country, you will be asked purpose of visiting SG, simply mentioned your work and approval. That should gain you a visa, get down here and do what you have to.
Okay! I will do the same.

Thanks for your kind help.

deathrow95
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 9:02 pm

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by deathrow95 » Mon, 09 Mar 2020 4:36 am

Hi guys, just to clarify, once you get the IPA we need to enter Singapore with showing a copy of it. Now to collect EP pass, we need to do a medical test. Can we do the medical test from my hometown?

Thanks again

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 09 Mar 2020 10:35 am

deathrow95 wrote:
Mon, 09 Mar 2020 4:36 am
Hi guys, just to clarify, once you get the IPA we need to enter Singapore with showing a copy of it. Now to collect EP pass, we need to do a medical test. Can we do the medical test from my hometown?

Thanks again
Medical test from SG doctor is preferred. Any specific reason why you need to do it from hometown? Reading your other thread this looks very fishy.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37368
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:30 pm

sun89 wrote:
Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:17 pm
I received a job offer in Singapore. I also received an IPA presenting Single Visa Entry of Singapore. Against the same, I entered Singapore on 29th Feb 2020, however, due to a family issue, I had to leave Singapore on the same day (29th Feb 2020) to my home country.
Therefore, I am yet to receive the work pass.

Currently, I don't have the entry visa of Singapore and am facing problem to find out the best procedure to apply for the same.

I will really appreciate any help provided at your end.
I am really having a problem with this post. You say you arrived on 29 Feb and had to return also on 29 Feb due to a family problem. Aside from a death or birth in the family, how could 6 hours create such an issue that it would be necessary to return home the same day without at least getting your pass issued and your new employer notified of the issue. After all it is less than 6 hours to your point of departure to Singapore. If the reason is valid enough, just apply for a standard social visit pass in your home country and enter Singapore as a tourist. That will be no issue and you can then get your pass issued, etc. Yes, you will need to pay for your visa, but that better than losing the job isn't it?

User avatar
emergency234
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 6:26 am

Re: Moving from India with single entry IPA letter

Post by emergency234 » Thu, 02 Apr 2020 1:25 pm

sun89 wrote:
Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:17 pm
I received a job offer in Singapore. I also received an IPA presenting Single Visa Entry of Singapore. Against the same, I entered Singapore on 29th Feb 2020, however, due to a family issue, I had to leave Singapore on the same day (29th Feb 2020) to my home country.
Therefore, I am yet to receive the work pass.

Currently, I don't have the entry visa of Singapore and am facing problem to find out the best procedure to apply for the same.

I will really appreciate any help provided at your end.
Well , now that shit has hit the fan :mrgreen: I don't know if you can come back in.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests