Singapore Expats

PR chances reduced by plan to found startup?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
laplaya

PR chances reduced by plan to found startup?

Post by laplaya » Sun, 29 Jan 2017 4:29 pm

Hi all

In preparing my PR application, I'm unsure whether to mention my plan to transition from company employee to founding a tech startup in 1-2 year's time (without track record of starting successful businesses, but solving a problem aligned with the gov agenda). With this option in the picture, I might rather be referred to an unattainable Entrepass or "welcomed to stay on EP" and later team up with additional SC/PR (which would burden the startup: risk of getting EP issued to new company for key founder, inflexibility to scale founder's salary due to minimum required). Would it be wiser not to mention this plan at all?

On another note: With a second degree attained (master), is it still necessary to submit the high school (A Levels equivalent) certificate and even transcripts?

Thanks for any advice!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR chances reduced by plan to found startup?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 29 Jan 2017 8:04 pm

laplaya wrote:Hi all

In preparing my PR application, I'm unsure whether to mention my plan to transition from company employee to founding a tech startup in 1-2 year's time (without track record of starting successful businesses, but solving a problem aligned with the gov agenda). With this option in the picture, I might rather be referred to an unattainable Entrepass or "welcomed to stay on EP" and later team up with additional SC/PR (which would burden the startup: risk of getting EP issued to new company for key founder, inflexibility to scale founder's salary due to minimum required). Would it be wiser not to mention this plan at all?

On another note: With a second degree attained (master), is it still necessary to submit the high school (A Levels equivalent) certificate and even transcripts?

Thanks for any advice!

Why not take 1 step at a time. Now you are on EP, so just stick to it in the Application.

As of what I know,your High school certificates and transcripts are needed.

beard1
Regular
Regular

Re: PR chances reduced by plan to found startup?

Post by beard1 » Sun, 29 Jan 2017 8:11 pm

Anything that has not happened yet (e.g. planning to start a company, how many babies you may or may not add to the population, etc.), ICA don't frankly care about.

I'd say unless you transition during or before the application process, there seems to be 1. no reason to disclose this and 2. if disclosed, no reason for this to have weight in your application.