Singapore Expats

Relocating to Singapore, is it worth to bring my furniture?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
MariamVan

Relocating to Singapore, is it worth to bring my furniture?

Post by MariamVan » Sat, 28 Jan 2017 8:33 am

Hi all,

I am sure this question has been asked many times but I don't seem to be able to find the thread here...

I am moving to Singapore in about 1.5 months and I have some furniture at my current place.
I was wondering if it's worth it to bring it with to Singapore at all. I don't have lots of furniture as I currently live in a condo.

(Happy to read other threads where this question has been answered if anyone wants to point to the right direction)

Thanks!

Mariam

Aliya

Re: Relocating to Singapore, is it worth to bring my furniture?

Post by Aliya » Tue, 14 Feb 2017 3:20 pm

Simple answer is DON"T! There is so much divine furniture in Singapore that unless you have something very special that you cant find here, you can furniture yourself up in no time. Lots of expat furniture sales will help too.

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:39 am

MariamVan wrote:Hi all,

I am sure this question has been asked many times but I don't seem to be able to find the thread here...

I am moving to Singapore in about 1.5 months and I have some furniture at my current place.
I was wondering if it's worth it to bring it with to Singapore at all. I don't have lots of furniture as I currently live in a condo.

(Happy to read other threads where this question has been answered if anyone wants to point to the right direction)

Thanks!

Mariam
If your company covers furniture move As part of your package you may want to consider it at least for some key items like a bed. Leave the TV though

soh1651

Post by soh1651 » Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:49 pm

It depends which country you are locating from. if you are from the US your TV wont work as suggested in the previous comment. Cost of furniture here is expensive considering the quality you get. If you live in Europe or US then consider beds/ mattresses etc as hugely cheaper and better quality.