Singapore Expats

School for 4yo in River Valley area with a balance of education vs life

Discuss the many options of preschools and which suits your children.
Ukfamof4

School for 4yo in River Valley area with a balance of education vs life

Post by Ukfamof4 » Sun, 22 Jan 2017 1:50 pm

Hi, my family of four are moving to SG in June with what by then will be a 6m old boy and 4yo girl. There are so many schooling options and whilst the material all looks great, I'd appreciate your advice.

My daughter won't thrive in a purely academically driven institution and we'd be looking for a more balanced education that has great art, sport and also focuses on developing character and curiosity.

Are the Eton House Schools a decent option? Chatsworth or Tanglin (although I hear the waiting list makes the latter impossible)? Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks.

duluoz1

Re: School for 4yo in River Valley area with a balance of education vs life

Post by duluoz1 » Sun, 22 Jan 2017 10:32 pm

We've just moved our daughter from Superland to House on the Hill. The latter is excellent.

Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk

cherynhow

Post by cherynhow » Mon, 30 Jan 2017 12:09 am

If there is any chance that you are looking for a enrichment centre for them for English,you can try LCentral @ Ang Mo Kio.They are offering trial classes and my kids love them a lot.

parklife

Post by parklife » Wed, 22 Feb 2017 10:57 am

We are also moving from London to Singapore and I have a family of 2 boys - aged 8 and 2. We looked at GEMS world academy, St Joseph's Institution and will be visiting Tanglin school tomorrow. I'm also looking at Chatsworth and Dover Court. My 8 year old goes to a small private school in North London and loves it so we were thinking of something similar here. I'd like our boys to be in an environment where they're encouraged to personally excel, but not pressured to succeed, if that makes sense. I think we have that balance in London at the moment.
I do like to look of Chatsworth and am hoping we can arrange a visit this week. Would be interested to hear how you get on.