Singapore Expats

No eappointments for citizenship entire 2017?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
synkronize

No eappointments for citizenship entire 2017?

Post by synkronize » Thu, 19 Jan 2017 9:57 pm

Hi

I was gonna get an appointment for submission for citizenship but there's not a single one for the entire year of 2017!? Is this even correct? :(

Anyone managed to secure any lately?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: No eappointments for citizenship entire 2017?

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:28 pm

synkronize wrote:Hi

I was gonna get an appointment for submission for citizenship but there's not a single one for the entire year of 2017!? Is this even correct? :(

I reckon you need to fill in the application form and pay the $100 fee first before you're able to select a time slot. If you're just browsing you will probably see all slots are greyed out.

I think so lah... Maybe other members are in a better position to answer.

synkronize

Post by synkronize » Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:46 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
I reckon you need to fill in the application form and pay the $100 fee first before you're able to select a time slot. If you're just browsing you will probably see all slots are greyed out.

U mean submit the application electronically? But isn't the electronic application for certain types of application e.g. Descent, child born to Singaporean etc?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:50 pm

Yes. Submit electronically

https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=132

How to apply

Singapore Citizenship Applications can be submitted via the internet or by completing an application form and submitting it to ICA in-person. Application forms sent by post will not be accepted.

With effect from 1st June 2016, all applications must come with an appointment through the following means:

Submit online via e-SC (Electronic Singapore Citizenship Application). You will be asked to make an appointment after submitting the e-SC application;

Complete a Singapore Citizenship Application form and attach all the supporting documents, then make an appointment online via ICA's Electronic Appointment Booking System from 1st June 2016 for a date to submit the application at ICA.

synkronize

Post by synkronize » Fri, 20 Jan 2017 8:24 am

jamie9vardy wrote:Yes. Submit electronically

https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=132

How to apply

Singapore Citizenship Applications can be submitted via the internet or by completing an application form and submitting it to ICA in-person. Application forms sent by post will not be accepted.

With effect from 1st June 2016, all applications must come with an appointment through the following means:

Submit online via e-SC (Electronic Singapore Citizenship Application). You will be asked to make an appointment after submitting the e-SC application;

Complete a Singapore Citizenship Application form and attach all the supporting documents, then make an appointment online via ICA's Electronic Appointment Booking System from 1st June 2016 for a date to submit the application at ICA.
It says this:

This facility allows electronic submission of Singapore Citizenship Application.

The following schemes are available for application via e-SC System:

Singapore Citizen by Descent Scheme
- Children of age 1 year old and below born outside Singapore to Singapore Citizen parent(s).

Family Ties Scheme
- Singaporeans sponsoring their wives or husbands and children for Singapore Citizenship.

Economic Scheme
- Applicants applying based on their own merits, aged 21 and above.

I don't meet the 2 above but economic scheme shld be for those who don't meet any of the above?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Fri, 20 Jan 2017 8:48 am

synkronize wrote:It says this:

This facility allows electronic submission of Singapore Citizenship Application.

The following schemes are available for application via e-SC System:

Singapore Citizen by Descent Scheme
- Children of age 1 year old and below born outside Singapore to Singapore Citizen parent(s).

Family Ties Scheme
- Singaporeans sponsoring their wives or husbands and children for Singapore Citizenship.

Economic Scheme
- Applicants applying based on their own merits, aged 21 and above.

I don't meet the 2 above but economic scheme shld be for those who don't meet any of the above?
I assume your PR is tagged to your husband? Are you gainfully employed? If I recall correctly, you can file under economic scheme as the principal applicant even though your husband is the principal PR holder.

No plans for both (or with kids) to apply for SC as a family unit?

aldoteng

Post by aldoteng » Tue, 24 Jan 2017 4:17 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
synkronize wrote:Hi

I confirm this. Before I submitted the form with the $100 deposit, all of 2017 was full. After i submitted and paid, July slots became available by magic~