Singapore Expats

Anybody know anything about selling off a golf membership in Singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Zoongz

Anybody know anything about selling off a golf membership in Singapore?

Post by Zoongz » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 6:31 pm

Anybody know anything about selling off a golf membership in Singapore? Trying to sell off a country club membership. Has anyone had any experience going through a broker?

Sent using Tapatalk

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Anybody know anything about selling off a golf membership in Singapore?

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 10:34 pm

I believe each golf club sets its own rules regarding the resale of memberships. That would be the place to start.

Zoongz

Re: RE: Re: Anybody know anything about selling off a golf membership in Singapore?

Post by Zoongz » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:19 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I believe each golf club sets its own rules regarding the resale of memberships. That would be the place to start.
Thanks. The club just passed me on to a couple of brokers, who were pretty aggressive. Anyway, cheers.

Sent using Tapatalk

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Anybody know anything about selling off a golf membership in Singapore?

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:12 am

The club would really rather sell new memberships; hence that is why you are tossed off on brokers... they are not interested in helping you.

Your problem is connecting with someone that might want the membership. I would go visit a number of golf equipment shops to see if there could be an arrangement. I think Green Fairways might assist for a cut of the action. You could post the membership and they could promote it.

The other thing is to post into golf forums.

Zoongz

Re: RE: Re: Anybody know anything about selling off a golf membership in Singapore?

Post by Zoongz » Wed, 18 Jan 2017 7:47 am

Strong Eagle wrote:The club would really rather sell new memberships; hence that is why you are tossed off on brokers... they are not interested in helping you.

Your problem is connecting with someone that might want the membership. I would go visit a number of golf equipment shops to see if there could be an arrangement. I think Green Fairways might assist for a cut of the action. You could post the membership and they could promote it.

The other thing is to post into golf forums.
Cool, thanks. Yes, I've been looking for golf forums too. ImageImage

Sent using Tapatalk