Singapore Expats

Switching job(s) while PR still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Switching job(s) while PR still pending

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Jan 2017 6:41 pm

Not a necessity. It's nice but MOM knows that a lot of employers will withhold signing the Annex A, knowing full well that once the employee get PR, the are gone. So it's not really necessary and all you really need is a current pay voucher (which are now required by law so the employer has no way around it).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Switching job(s) while PR still pending

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 26 Jan 2017 10:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not a necessity. It's nice but MOM knows that a lot of employers will withhold signing the Annex A, knowing full well that once the employee get PR, the are gone. So it's not really necessary and all you really need is a current pay voucher (which are now required by law so the employer has no way around it).
Some employers throw a bond in exchange for signing Annex A.

Seen that too, including as recent as last year, at a supposedly respected GeBiz vendor !! The employee in question was distraught until I told him to go through Plan B ! It worked. And he did leave his employer mainly because of his employer's silly plan to hold the employee hostage.

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 9:28 pm

back back, happy chinese new year everyone :mrgreen:
Barnsley wrote:
dynoto wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've already mooted that about 10 years ago, right here on this forum. My answer to the whining Singaporean males who cry-cry about the women getting two years ahead of them in their careers while the 'boys' are doing their NS to eventually become men (one would hope).

Couldn't find the original but here's a repeat of it from a couple of years ago...
viewtopic.php?p=507008#p507008
update, SMS you're right :mrgreen: .. Singapore really wants young malaysian chinese girls.

she got her PR approved yesterday :mrgreen:

:-k now ... the problem here is that she haven't even ask the HR to sign the Annex A form ...
I think someone else have this issue , if you do search you might find.

Did she not tell her new employers of her PR application?
she didn't ... keep postponing ... she's taking this rather lightly actually :-|
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not a necessity. It's nice but MOM knows that a lot of employers will withhold signing the Annex A, knowing full well that once the employee get PR, the are gone. So it's not really necessary and all you really need is a current pay voucher (which are now required by law so the employer has no way around it).
ecureilx wrote:
Some employers throw a bond in exchange for signing Annex A.

Seen that too, including as recent as last year, at a supposedly respected GeBiz vendor !! The employee in question was distraught until I told him to go through Plan B ! It worked. And he did leave his employer mainly because of his employer's silly plan to hold the employee hostage.
happened to my friend, her boss ask her to sign an extra contract on top of existing one that states she can't leave for 3 years and no pay raise if the PR is approved.
big fines if she did left.
she got put on a very bad situation by her boss as her S-Pass was going to expired as well.

so she decided to left the company without renewing the contract, tried few other places but couldn't secure a working pass in time ... therefore leaving for good ... sad news

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 11:34 am

sorry for hijacking your post, but i'm just curious...is age an important factor for getting PR here? i'm already in my 30s. =(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 1:45 pm

Depends. At your age, no. Mid 40's possibly. Mid 50's unlikely. Of course all of those are also depending on how much you are really needed here. Women in their thirties are still capable of providing functioning oven to make NS boys so they are desirable if they are Chinese. Otherwise, still shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you are from a country whose people are not really liked by the majority population here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Fri, 26 Jan 2018 12:01 am

dynoto wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've already mooted that about 10 years ago, right here on this forum. My answer to the whining Singaporean males who cry-cry about the women getting two years ahead of them in their careers while the 'boys' are doing their NS to eventually become men (one would hope).

Couldn't find the original but here's a repeat of it from a couple of years ago...
viewtopic.php?p=507008#p507008
update, SMS you're right :mrgreen: .. Singapore really wants young malaysian chinese girls.

she got her PR approved yesterday :mrgreen:

:-k now ... the problem here is that she haven't even ask the HR to sign the Annex A form ...
wah seriously no wonder my friend who is malaysian chinese girl who has way lesser salary and holding spass only (im on epass), just apply i think 1-2 times then got approved so quickly!

qiruv

Post by qiruv » Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:56 pm

Hi everyone, glad to come across this thread as I’m quite worried right now. I submitted my PR application in Nov 2018, and I might be unemployed next Feb 2019. PR status is still pending as of now.

Here are my background :
- Indonesian Chinese female
- 26 y.o.
- working in spore frm Jan 2014-Jan 2016, then Dec 2017-present (so total 3 years, paid income tax twice)
- working in design/IT/computer related field
- currently spass, altho salary can get epass

Anyone with similar background / situation got their PR approved? Wondering if my application will be rejected if I can’t get a job that soon? :-| Thanks!

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Fri, 14 Dec 2018 12:54 am

Your application will be considered void the moment you lose your job, no?

myen0921

Post by myen0921 » Thu, 02 May 2019 10:42 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:Your application will be considered void the moment you lose your job, no?
Yes. So long IRAS detected no salary submitted from the employer they will withdraw the PR application.
During "pending" status, ICA advised to stay employed during the whole process.