Singapore Expats

Last day of Rental Agreement

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Kindisnice

Last day of Rental Agreement

Post by Kindisnice » Mon, 09 Jan 2017 11:28 am

Hello. Am unclear about when to vacate our apt. Rental Agreement is from the 1st of February 2016 expiring on the 31st of January. So, are we allowed to stay the 31st night and hand over the keys on the 01st morning? Landlord very specifically says that we have to hand over the keys on the 31st itself. My new apt lease starts from February 1 and am worried now where my family will stay on the 31st night. Any clarification on this much appreciated. Thanks.

Search By

x9200

Re: Last day of Rental Agreement

Post by x9200 » Mon, 09 Jan 2017 12:20 pm

Kindisnice wrote:Hello. Am unclear about when to vacate our apt. Rental Agreement is from the 1st of February 2016 expiring on the 31st of January. So, are we allowed to stay the 31st night and hand over the keys on the 01st morning? Landlord very specifically says that we have to hand over the keys on the 31st itself. My new apt lease starts from February 1 and am worried now where my family will stay on the 31st night. Any clarification on this much appreciated. Thanks.
You have to wrap everything up (vacate the apartment) by 31st. If you want to stay longer - ask your current landlord whether agreeable, or ask the new one if ok to move in one day earlier. The later, for all the leases I had so far in Singapore, the new landlords always gave me the keys at least a few days before the lease started. For most of the cases I believe, is just a mater of polite asking.
If your new landlord won't be willing to pay you this small courtesy this probably indicates, that you have made a very bad decision.

... and regardles the above, I always have at least 2 days of the leases to overlap.

Kindisnice

Re: Last day of Rental Agreement

Post by Kindisnice » Mon, 09 Jan 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks. Appreciate it.