Singapore Expats

Fast Divorces for Singaporeans and others who can get into the USA

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Fast Divorces for Singaporeans and others who can get into the USA

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 12:12 pm

I'd read about this years ago but never got it right until I stumbled across it again.

We have had a few people here complaining about how long it takes to get a divorce in Singapore. Your solution is to go to Reno, Nevada. You need 6 weeks residency and boom - it's done.

Plenty of law firms out there with information about it. You need not necessarily be living in Reno but 'resident. You don't even need the other party to be resident in Reno either..... Remember Singaporeans etc can get into the USA on an LTVP for 3 months and there does not seem to be a requirement here for you to be a US citizen.

Complaint Reno Divorce - papers signed by only 1 party or the other party cannot be located:
• If one party resides in Nevada, or is in the military with Nevada listed as the home state on the LES.
• Attorney supervised services;
• Full service, not just forms. We do all the work for you;
• Papers are usually ready for you to sign same day;
• No COPE class for Las Vegas residents - save $100;
• No court appearance required unless the other party contests and responds to the action;
• Free inclusion of children, assets and debts;
• Full service, not just forms. We do all the work for you including obtaining personal service upon the other party;
• This type of divorce case takes between 6-12 weeks depending on how we are able to serve papers to other party;
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!