Singapore Expats

Import permit requirements for individual's possessions

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 8:24 am

Import permit requirements for individual's possessions

Post by randomdude » Thu, 29 Dec 2016 8:40 am

Hi all.
I moved to Singapore about 15 months ago, and only now do I want to move some of my possessions over with me. In particular, I have two "server" style computers that I'd like to bring over. They're for my own use, I'm not a business - can anyone give me any advice on how to obtain an import permit? I understand I'll have to pay GST on my imports, since its been more than 6 months since I moved over.

DHL advises to register with the "Registry of Companies and Businesses" - but I'm not a company, so do I need to do that? advises that I (as an individual) need a UEN, but the site advises that these are not issued to individuals. Can I register for TradeNet without a UEN? Sorry to ask such questions, but I'm really super-confused!

... alternatively, if anyone can suggest a company that'll do all this for me (shipping one half-pallet from England), it sounds like it'd be easier to pay someone else to do it, as long as it's not too much - I'm looking at around the 150 GBP mark for just shipping the pallet at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests