Singapore Expats

EP application : Job in jobbank is not visible during 14 days waiting period

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ponliew

EP application : Job in jobbank is not visible during 14 days waiting period

Post by ponliew » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 4:26 pm

Hi all,

Like to seek for all of you guys opinion. I have accepted the offer from my new company and they are currently processing my EP.

I was informed that the job has to be posted in job bank for 14 days which is what usually process is.

However, I could not find that job being posted in jobbank so far since I was informed (more than 10 days already!).

Not sure the job in jobbank can be set to be visible for certain group? Or (i hope not) HR forgot to post it ;(

Many thanks for you guys opinion,

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: EP application : Job in jobbank is not visible during 14 days waiting period

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 6:29 pm

ponliew wrote:Hi all,

Like to seek for all of you guys opinion. I have accepted the offer from my new company and they are currently processing my EP.

I was informed that the job has to be posted in job bank for 14 days which is what usually process is.

However, I could not find that job being posted in jobbank so far since I was informed (more than 10 days already!).

Not sure the job in jobbank can be set to be visible for certain group? Or (i hope not) HR forgot to post it ;(

Maybe your HR forgot.

If it was me, I will ask gently but not push... while there are nice HR folks around, there are also very busy and irritable folks, and this being holiday season, give them a break.

ponliew

Re: RE: EP application : Job in jobbank is not visible during 14 days waiting period

Post by ponliew » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 6:53 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ponliew wrote:Hi all,

Maybe your HR forgot.

If it was me, I will ask gently but not push... while there are nice HR folks around, there are also very busy and irritable folks, and this being holiday season, give them a break.
Hi Ecureilx,

Thank you very much for your prompt respone!

Actually, I am planning to wait for them anyway. However, there is another concern on my exisiting EP which make me frustrated.

My current EP will be expired in mid of March 2017 and my current company requested me to fill-in the renewal form.

I am not sure do you or anybody here have a suggestion for this? Can both applying new EP and renewing the exisiting EP beind done on parellel?

I am afriad of I am ending up my current working pass expired and the new EP is not yet approved.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: EP application : Job in jobbank is not visible during 14 days waiting period

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 6:55 pm

ponliew wrote: I am not sure do you or anybody here have a suggestion for this? Can both applying new EP and renewing the exisiting EP beind done on parellel?
wait for an expert to reply !

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP application : Job in jobbank is not visible during 14 days waiting period

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 8:12 pm

Not a problem. In fact, I'd like to have a hundred for each time it's happened. It even more common now as due to backlogs and supervetting, MOM is advising employers to apply for renewal 3 months before expiry of you employment pass. Therefore you cannot blame someone for looking for a new job that close to the end of their pass. If it's renewed, so be it. It can be cancelled just like any other pass. There is not a vetting period for the pass so apply. If you get the job, tell the employer to withdraw the renewal or if it's issued, ask them to cancel it at the end of your notice. If they don't, go to MOM and explain same to them. They will cancel it with receiving the card provided you have proof of termination/resignation.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ponliew

Re: EP application : Job in jobbank is not visible during 14 days waiting period

Post by ponliew » Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:49 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not a problem. In fact, I'd like to have a hundred for each time it's happened. It even more common now as due to backlogs and supervetting, MOM is advising employers to apply for renewal 3 months before expiry of you employment pass. Therefore you cannot blame someone for looking for a new job that close to the end of their pass. If it's renewed, so be it. It can be cancelled just like any other pass. There is not a vetting period for the pass so apply. If you get the job, tell the employer to withdraw the renewal or if it's issued, ask them to cancel it at the end of your notice. If they don't, go to MOM and explain same to them. They will cancel it with receiving the card provided you have proof of termination/resignation.
Hi sundaymorningstaple,

Thank you very much! This is very clear for me. I felt relieve now. :)

Many thanks!

johnhite

Post by johnhite » Thu, 20 Jun 2019 3:46 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Re: RE: EP application : Job in jobbank is not visible during 14 days waiting periodterm paper writing service

Maybe your HR forgot.

Hello,

In my case the organization didn't indicate the salary range in the job posting. So now I'm to wait two weeks. They should appeal and it may take three weeks or more. I'm at a loss, do I need to wait for the result or search for other variants? Should I call them? What would you recommend? Thanks.
I for one lean toward books and despite the fact that we realize that books are better.