Singapore Expats Forum

PR IPA Letter ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dynoto
Regular
Regular

PR IPA Letter ?

Postby dynoto » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 9:25 pm

Just checked my status today, the PR status finally changed to approved.

But i haven't received the IPA letter, does it usually come before the iEnquiry status change or after?

So elated right now :mrgreen:

edit 4th Jan 2017

in case someone wants to know how I plan for the completion of the formalities, this is what I did

26th Dec '16
    received PR IPA letter at night from landlord
    booked appointment at 11th Jan '17, this is the earliest I could book at that time.
    registered medishield through CPF portal, don't do it by mail unless you really love waiting 10 days for it, the medishield acknowledgment letter can be printed instantly.

27th Dec '16
    went for medical checkup (xray and hiv test) in early morning
    request my manager to sign the ep152 form
    take selfies :P

30th Dec '16
    collection of medical results

02th Jan '17
    happened to found earlier slot at 4th Jan, immediately took the spot and request for leave

04th Jan '17
    :mrgreen: its time :mrgreen:

to be honest I'm quite surprised when people said medishield declaration took the longest time, that's because all of them use snail mail instead of online services ](*,)

also your turnaround time for the EP152 may vary, as some companies have lots of tapes ... my manager happened to be the company co-founder so getting him to sign the letter was a breeze

if you're quick enough and the planets aligned, you can really do finish everything within a week or less
Last edited by dynoto on Wed, 04 Jan 2017 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shiv1408

Re: PR IPA Letter ?

Postby shiv1408 » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 9:37 pm

Congrats mann.

angel0205

Postby angel0205 » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 9:41 pm

Congratulation

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PR IPA Letter ?

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 9:49 pm

dynoto wrote:Just checked my status today, the PR status finally changed to approved.

But i haven't received the IPA letter, does it usually come before the iEnquiry status change or after?

Within the next few days, you should receive the letter.

Unless things changed, in good old days, we know the outcome based on the size of the letter - thin = rejected, thick = approved :) that's before iEnquiry and all.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jamie9vardy » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:09 pm

dynoto wrote:Just checked my status today, the PR status finally changed to approved.

Congrats!

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: PR IPA Letter ?

Postby dynoto » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:32 pm

ecureilx wrote:

Within the next few days, you should receive the letter.

Unless things changed, in good old days, we know the outcome based on the size of the letter - thin = rejected, thick = approved :) that's before iEnquiry and all.

ah okay, thank you very much for the info!

fm29

Postby fm29 » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:25 pm

Congrats! Finally after a very long wait. Again congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shannonlee26

Postby shannonlee26 » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:17 am

Hi dynoto,

Have you received your IPA letter?
I gotten mine approved too after almost 11 months of waiting.... :D

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Postby dynoto » Sun, 25 Dec 2016 10:35 pm

shannonlee26 wrote:

Hi dynoto,

Have you received your IPA letter?
I gotten mine approved too after almost 11 months of waiting.... :D

thanks guys, congrats to you as well.

i have yet to receive the letter ... probably because staffs are on leave ... will wait till next year for the letter to come.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Dec 2016 12:30 am

You do realize that this is a very long holiday weekend and only 4 work days left this year, don't you? You do realize that during the holiday season the mails are usually swamped, don't you? You got an approval, give it a chance. :roll:

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Postby dynoto » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 11:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You do realize that this is a very long holiday weekend and only 4 work days left this year, don't you? You do realize that during the holiday season the mails are usually swamped, don't you? You got an approval, give it a chance. :roll:

just got the letter and proceed to check on the appointment schedule.
surprisingly its quite packed till next few weeks...

guess that there are quite a few that got approved recently :roll:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR IPA Letter ?

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 11:46 pm

dynoto wrote:just got the letter and proceed to check on the appointment schedule.

more like, with the e appointment system, less appointments are being set per day, I think, from having seen how many actually are in the waiting area.

x9200

Postby x9200 » Wed, 28 Dec 2016 3:38 am

With 30k PRs currently granted annually this makes ca 115 people per day. Some few years ago it was >2x. This whole thing takes a lot of manpower to process (think of all the applications, probably 10x the numbers...).

shannonlee26

Postby shannonlee26 » Wed, 28 Dec 2016 10:03 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You do realize that this is a very long holiday weekend and only 4 work days left this year, don't you? You do realize that during the holiday season the mails are usually swamped, don't you? You got an approval, give it a chance. :roll:

I have gotten mine the next day after the mail was posted out, i.e. 23 Dec 2016 :)

shannonlee26

Postby shannonlee26 » Wed, 28 Dec 2016 10:05 am

dynoto wrote:

just got the letter and proceed to check on the appointment schedule.

i checked online, next available date, earliest on 10 Jan 2016 and after which all dates are green.
have you managed to book an appointment?