Citizenship status?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JoonLa

Citizenship status?

Post by JoonLa » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 1:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm just curious how long does it take nowadays to receive the outcome of citizenship application?
I was born in SG with 2 Malaysian parents. My brother had gotten his citizenship 3 months after applying in 2012. Why after 14 months mine still has no news at all? so many things to consider meh? i even served NS geez..

Is there any number to call to check? i can't seem to find any numbers/email on ICA website

any advice would be greatly appreciated! :) :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Re: Citizenship status?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 5:07 pm

We've seen cases on here up to 21 months. So hang in there.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

singaporeflyer

Re: Citizenship status?

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 20 Dec 2016 12:31 pm

JoonLa wrote:Hi all,

I'm just curious how long does it take nowadays to receive the outcome of citizenship application?
I was born in SG with 2 Malaysian parents. My brother had gotten his citizenship 3 months after applying in 2012. Why after 14 months mine still has no news at all? so many things to consider meh? i even served NS geez..

Is there any number to call to check? i can't seem to find any numbers/email on ICA website

any advice would be greatly appreciated! :) :)
You can login to the below portal using SingPass or the Application Reference and check status

https://ienquiry.ica.gov.sg

Alternatively you may call 63916100 during office hours to check on the Status. Good Luck !