Singapore Expats Forum

Citizenship status?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JoonLa

Citizenship status?

Postby JoonLa » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 1:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm just curious how long does it take nowadays to receive the outcome of citizenship application?
I was born in SG with 2 Malaysian parents. My brother had gotten his citizenship 3 months after applying in 2012. Why after 14 months mine still has no news at all? so many things to consider meh? i even served NS geez..

Is there any number to call to check? i can't seem to find any numbers/email on ICA website

any advice would be greatly appreciated! :) :)

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Citizenship status?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 5:07 pm

We've seen cases on here up to 21 months. So hang in there.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Re: Citizenship status?

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 20 Dec 2016 12:31 pm

JoonLa wrote:Hi all,

I'm just curious how long does it take nowadays to receive the outcome of citizenship application?
I was born in SG with 2 Malaysian parents. My brother had gotten his citizenship 3 months after applying in 2012. Why after 14 months mine still has no news at all? so many things to consider meh? i even served NS geez..

Is there any number to call to check? i can't seem to find any numbers/email on ICA website

any advice would be greatly appreciated! :) :)

You can login to the below portal using SingPass or the Application Reference and check status

https://ienquiry.ica.gov.sg

Alternatively you may call 63916100 during office hours to check on the Status. Good Luck !