Singapore Expats

PR Approved (previously rejected 4 times)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hippo84

PR Approved (previously rejected 4 times)

Post by hippo84 » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 7:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the info in the forum. Would like to share my pr story:

32 female, Vietnamese, holding EP, 100k p.a

Husband profile: 34, Singaporean, 100k p.a

We bought private property in Jan'14 & still no children

2007 - 2008: student pass

1st pr application in 2009: spass, 1 year working in SG, degree from VN, salary $1800, local company => rejected after 3 month.

2nd pr application in 2010: spass, 2 year working in SG, master from Australia school, salary $2200, local company=> rejected after 3 month

3rd application in 2012, EP, 4 years working in SG, salary $4500, MNC => rejected after 2 months. Letter state: can continue to work in SG.......

4th application in Jan 2015, EP, apply under husband sponsor (married Jan 2014) => rejected after 4 months. Letter state: can continue to work in SG.......

Appeal with MP letter => rejected Nov'15

5th application in July 2016, EP, apply under husband sponsor => approved in Dec'16

P/S: not sure if this is correct tip: we write letter to ICA to check for PR status in Oct'16 and state the reason why we need PR and they approve it this time :)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: PR Approved (previously rejected 4 times)

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 8:27 pm

In summary you got PR because you are married to a Singaporean (and pregnant?). That is fits the exact formula of what the gahmen is looking for. Certainly not overpaid mobile bankers who have no kids to contribute.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

hippo84

Post by hippo84 » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 9:04 pm

PNGMK wrote:In summary you got PR because you are married to a Singaporean (and pregnant?). That is fits the exact formula of what the gahmen is looking for. Certainly not overpaid mobile bankers who have no kids to contribute.
not pregnant yet. I applied under my husband sponsorship before but it was rejected with kiss death letter :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:57 pm

No, but the doubling of your salary on top of being married to a local certainly didn't hurt. ;-) It's a total points game. Keep collecting more points in more areas and eventually you can possibly tip the bucket toward you so it pours the blessings your way.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers