Singapore Expats Forum

charity Work in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: charity Work in Singapore

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 9:29 pm

sanjaya22 wrote:Whether i get PR or not, its a different thing. I have been doing those work even before i came to SG. (From school days as guided by teachers).Thats for my self satisfaction as a human. Im planning to add it next year since ICA interested in it. Its a bonus if i get points for that

so you do it out of your heart's yearning but want ICA to give you bonus points ?

I been volunteering and have a National service award, award which I had copies with me but only gave only "when" the officer asked if I have any awards for any community engagement.

And in any case, anecdotal evidence shows of late, since (I mentioned before) people wizened up to point seekers, even some local VWOs are very disinterested when foreign volunteers turn up, as experience shows they come, get letters, and disappear.

Even CCs openly ask the objective of new non SC applicants.

Good luck anyway !!

sanjaya22

Postby sanjaya22 » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 9:37 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sanjaya22 wrote:Whether i get PR or not, its a different thing. I have been doing those work even before i came to SG. (From school days as guided by teachers).Thats for my self satisfaction as a human. Im planning to add it next year since ICA interested in it. Its a bonus if i get points for that

so you do it out of your heart's yearning but want ICA to give you bonus points ?

I been volunteering and have a National service award, award which I had copies with me but only gave only "when" the officer asked if I have any awards for any community engagement.

And in any case, anecdotal evidence shows of late, since (I mentioned before) people wizened up to point seekers, even some local VWOs are very disinterested when foreign volunteers turn up, as experience shows they come, get letters, and disappear.

Even CCs openly ask the objective of new non SC applicants.

Good luck anyway !!

I think this thread went to a extreme end.
My initial questions was "what are the good place to do volunteer work?" But some people were highly energetic to find out why i am interested doing that

Thanks for all guys who helped me answering for my initial question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by sanjaya22 on Wed, 14 Dec 2016 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanjaya22

Postby sanjaya22 » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 9:40 pm

Hidy Ho wrote:Why does anyone give a frak WHY someone wants to get information on charity work? How does it impact YOUR life and maybe a bit of good that will come out of it?

Exactly! I have the same question Hidy.Some people do too much predictions/assumptions about others activities and judge them.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by sanjaya22 on Wed, 14 Dec 2016 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: charity Work in Singapore

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 10:18 pm

It is mainly because many did charity till they get their PR and stop afterwards. As long as it is done for good, no one is going to question.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: charity Work in Singapore

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:57 pm

Hidy Ho wrote:Why does anyone give a frak WHY someone wants to get information on charity work? How does it impact YOUR life and maybe a bit of good that will come out of it?

When somebody does some good and expects "bonus" points .... yeah right ...

sundaymorningstaple

Re: charity Work in Singapore

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Dec 2016 12:00 am

We are all aware of those who pulled this scam until it no longer worked. The only charity they were helping was themselves. I see it all the time with observers at our RC meetings, etc. Soon as they get PR, poof! gone.