Singapore Expats Forum

Kissed by an Angel

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Helen McGreal

Kissed by an Angel

Postby Helen McGreal » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:47 pm

Kissed by an Angel

Many years back, I suffered a very deep and dark depression, resulting from loosing custody of my only child. I went from being full time mom to weekend mom, and I barely could make it through a day, the loss was so intense. After months of deep depression, I came to a breaking point, where I did not want to live with the circumstances as they were....my pain was too great. I cried my heart out to God so strongly, and then collapsed on my bedroom floor with a complete broken heart.

I just kept asking God, Why me? Why did this turn out this way? Suddenly in the room, I heard a man's voice very clearly and calmly say, "Get up. It's not over." Then the voice repeated "It's not over."

At first I was afraid, but then an extreme peace came over me and I stopped crying and stood up. Those words gave me hope. I went to bed and began to pray and began to cry all over again to God, when suddenly, I felt a kiss on my cheek! It was clear as day, but there was nobody with me. Once again, I was overcome with the greatest sense of peace, love and tranquility that I know only comes from God.

I fell into an immediate sleep and dreamt of the Archangel Michael standing beside my bed staring down at me with an incredible look of concern and compassion. His eyes were a spectacular blue, and he had a strong nose and beautifully chiseled face with long hair. He was wearing white and his wings wrapped around my entire bedroom as if enclosing me in a cocoon. I knew it was Michael, because he had a large sword in his hand as if to protect me. And I knew in my heart that this was who kissed me and that he was sent by God to minister to me.

The next morning, I awoke for the first time in months feeling refreshed and as if my burdens were all lifted. I actually sang on my way into work, and had such hope in my heart for the best. It was the first time I asked God to help me forgive the judge, my husband and all the people who hurt me. From that day on, my depression lifted, and I began to rebuild my life as a weekend mom.

Today, I have an excellent relationship with my now almost 15-year-old son, and we treasure our time together. His father is doing a great job raising him, and I am involved in his life 100%. We all have adjusted well, especially my son Ryan. Although I will NEVER get used to being the weekend parent, I have accepted it and do the best I can with it. I know in my heart that God sent his angel to encourage and uplift me that night when I wanted so desperately for my life to end. There is a God who loves and cares for us... and there are angels all around us, too. I experienced it firsthand and will NEVER forget it.

Distorted Time

Postby Guest » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:56 pm

This strange thing happened to me on March 15, 2004. I finished work at 4:00 p.m. and was waiting at the top of a side street to cross both lanes of traffic to get onto the main road. There's always quite a long wait there, and there was again that day. I was looking left at the oncoming traffic, when all the cars that were traveling at the usual speed suddenly slowed simultaneously. It wasn't like they were slowing to stop for something either. It was like time had slowed or stretched. So I glanced right and saw the traffic was traveling at the usual speed. I looked left again and the cars were still moving in slow motion. Then all of a sudden the cars surged forward as if breaking free and everything was normal again. I sat there for a little while, missing a couple of opportunities to pull onto the main road, wondering what I'd just witnessed.

Return to “General Discussions”