Singapore Expats

The Donald is cancelling Air Force One.

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

The Donald is cancelling Air Force One.

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 07 Dec 2016 10:06 am

Does Donald do his own Tweets :D

Looks like his Presidency is gonna all be done via social media :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12 ... -scrapped/
Donald Trump has called for the scrapping of multi-billion dollar plans for Boeing to build a new Air Force One, calling the costs "ridiculous and totally out of control".

Boeing shares immediately dropped one per cent following Mr Trump's comments.

The US government signed a deal with Boeing earlier this year to build a new aircraft to fly the president once the current one reaches the end of its service life.

Mr Trump tweeted:

Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2016

The US president-elect later added: "The plane is totally out of control. I think it's ridiculous. I think Boeing is doing a little bit of a number. We want Boeing to make a lot of money but not that much money."
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: The Donald is cancelling Air Force One.

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 07 Dec 2016 10:36 am

Barnsley wrote:Does Donald do his own Tweets :D

Looks like his Presidency is gonna all be done via social media :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12 ... -scrapped/
Donald Trump has called for the scrapping of multi-billion dollar plans for Boeing to build a new Air Force One, calling the costs "ridiculous and totally out of control".

Boeing shares immediately dropped one per cent following Mr Trump's comments.

The US government signed a deal with Boeing earlier this year to build a new aircraft to fly the president once the current one reaches the end of its service life.

Mr Trump tweeted:

Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2016

The US president-elect later added: "The plane is totally out of control. I think it's ridiculous. I think Boeing is doing a little bit of a number. We want Boeing to make a lot of money but not that much money."
And as usual, when it comes to Trump, it's all bullshit.

Real facts:
  1. The existing Air Force One's are now more than 30 years old and the new ones won't come online until the mid 2020's.
  2. Two planes are being built.
  3. Actual cost for two planes is closer to $2.8 to $3.1 billion, costs spread through 2021. This still isn't exactly chump change, and the Air Force One's are unique... able to fly virtually anywhere in the world nonstop, and equipped as military command posts with every conceivable gizmo in the event the President is evacuated from Washington and needs to retain control in the skies... just like "W" did after 9/11.
Another real fact: Trump tweeted this stupid crap about 22 minutes after the CEO of Boeing said that he thought Trump's industrial plans were not realistic. We've got the same narcissistic, stuck at the juvenile level of development, President as we did candidate.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 2:05 am

Thanks for the links above. It provides a more complete picture. Such a dangerous mouth he has.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 2:12 am

That is the thing with Donald. He is spending too much time on social media. I understand that it can be addicting :mrgreen: . He even tweeted about his displeasure of Baldwin's impersonation while watching the show. Hopefully, he is able to re-shift and re-focus when he finally takes office.

http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump-tri ... n-twitter/

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 2:45 am

Another "victim" of Trump's tweet. Is he gonna take control of the stock market now? One thing is for sure. It is never a dull moment with Trump.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1391774 ... -fall.html

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 10:13 am

earthfriendly wrote:Hopefully, he is able to re-shift and re-focus when he finally takes office.
Trump is not going to change. He is a confirmed narcissist, subject to exaggerations, impetuous and uncontrolled behavior, and outright lies.

As President-elect, he has already shown a propensity to lie, for example, stating that there were millions of illegal votes, when in fact, there were none.

Hillary was/is no saint, and there was much about her that I do not like. But, unlike Trump, she is not emotionally damaged. Trump voters will rue the day that they put this man in power.

For the rest of us, it's going to be a long, tough four years. Republicans will do everything they can to kill ACA with no replacements, and to strip the guts out of all safety net programs, from Medicaid and Medicare to Social Security and Aid to Dependent families.

Governmental corruption is going to explode under Trump, with Trump himself leading the way. Renting Trump Towers to secret service agents because his wife doesn't want to move is just the beginning. Trump's conflicts of interest are massive and the people he has brought into government already have demonstrated questionable judgment.

I'll stop now. We are in for dark times. War mongering generals appointed to the NSA. A fundamentalist christian appointed to the Department of Education whose first comments were about teaching more christianity in schools. Ben Carson, a guy who couldn't find his way out of a room with five doors will run a major governmental department.

I'm going to go weep, get drunk, and smoke a couple of joints.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 10:29 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
hook a brother up.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 10:33 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
hook a brother up.
:cool:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 10:36 am

you guys have Trump, we have Modi, looks like we need twitter too, the official communications channel lol, it would be really funny if twitter trolled Trump by banning him for a day, i wonder how he would take it
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 10:53 am

I'm curious. Do you think Trump leave his plane for future presidents to use as there will be no replacement for the current 'Air Force Ones'? I wonder what the next president will use...

His plane was built in 1991, so I understand it's also at the end of its life....

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 11:46 am

brian_singapore wrote:I'm curious. Do you think Trump leave his plane for future presidents to use as there will be no replacement for the current 'Air Force Ones'? I wonder what the next president will use...

His plane was built in 1991, so I understand it's also at the end of its life....
There's not a chance that Trump's plane would become or used as Air Force One. Air Force One is not just an airliner, it's a military command post, equipped with the most sophisticated equipment the United States has.

Besides, "art of the deal" Trump would try to screw over the US and its taxpayers in getting rid of his airplane.

When you think about it, Trump's 757 is the ultimate display of narcissism... lots of people have private jets to get them where they need to go but nothing so stupidly and ostentatiously expensive.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 3:33 pm

Kinda like John Travolta, yeah? Except Travolta is a qualified SIC on his 707.

http://www.businessinsider.sg/john-trav ... es-2014-9/
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: The Donald is cancelling Air Force One.

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 08 Dec 2016 7:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Kinda like John Travolta, yeah? Except Travolta is a qualified SIC on his 707.

http://www.businessinsider.sg/john-trav ... es-2014-9/
And JTs 707 is not a bling wagon, no gold plated stuff, I read somewhere

brights

Post by brights » Thu, 29 Dec 2016 10:37 pm

He is just doing the right thing by cutting cost. There's not much money left to spend. We owe China and Japan trillions of dollars. We can't even properly take care of our own citizens. Don't believe in all the mainstream media bullshit that lies to us every single day. They got it wrong in election night. Many of them are living in poverty while citizens in other countries live better and better lives.