Singapore Expats

Recommend corporate secretary, please

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
NoBob2

Recommend corporate secretary, please

Post by NoBob2 » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 1:17 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a corporate secretary, please? It's for a small established local company.

Thanks.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Recommend corporate secretary, please

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 1:45 pm

NoBob2 wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a corporate secretary, please? It's for a small established local company.

Thanks.
International plaza has enough choices.

And a google search will throw up enough ;)

No, I don't have any personal referrals.

NoBob2

Post by NoBob2 » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 8:16 pm

A Google search will indeed throw up results, but not personal recommendations...

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 02 Dec 2016 3:02 am

Thanks.
I used Tan Saw Bin for many years for my company. Good work, reasonable rates.

https://sbtan.com/

FMaccounting

Post by FMaccounting » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 9:37 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:

Thanks.

Can I quote the website of the recommended corporate secretary? My earlier post was deleted. I guess I can just quote like what Strong Eagle friend has done.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Recommend corporate secretary, please

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:41 pm

FMaccounting wrote:
Can I quote the website of the recommended corporate secretary? My earlier post was deleted. I guess I can just quote like what Strong Eagle friend has done.
do you know why it was deleted ? Your answers may lie there.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:50 pm

FMaccounting, did you stop to consider, for even a moment before you posted, that Strong Eagle has been a trusted member of this board for a dozen years and is also a moderator here? Not a newbie who posts a flurry of posts with his company as his nick and trying his darndest to dance around the rules of this forum. When one recommends a company soon after joining a forum and only posts on one subject with a suspect nick, we KNOW the intentions and are patiently waiting until they step over the line. If one recommend a company that they have a financial interest in, then they are not recommending at all. They are soliciting or advertising.

I'm sure you have seen the "tic...toc...tic...toc..." before on here. That is to denote one's sands of time here is rapidly running out.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 17 Dec 2016 2:58 am

FMaccounting wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:

Thanks.

I deleted your post. Can't you read the banner above the message posting box?

"Your account may be banned if you post ads."

I didn't ban you, I deleted your obvious advertising for your firm. You advertised your services, you advertised your prices, you advertised your free specials.

This is in violation of board policy. We encourage our members to post their recommendations for services, restaurants, products, etc. This is exactly what I did in posting the reference to Tan Saw Bin. I have no direct interest in any CPA or secretarial firm, merely a recommendation for a firm that served my company well.

If you post your own website or post about your services again, I will consider that advertising yet again, and I will ban you. You have two choices:
  1. You can elect to advertise with this board. Contact [email protected] for rates and advertising choices.
  2. You can continue to make helpful posts in response to questions asked by forum members. I assure you that if one or more forum members think that what you are posting is informative, correct, and useful, and should they be in need of services, they will contact you via PM.
These are your choices. There are two reasons for banning individuals who advertise their own products. First, this is an advertising supported board. Second, we, as moderators, delete a lot of self promotion and out and out advertising. This board would be completely polluted if we did not ban the thing you want to do. On some days we delete hundreds of advertising posts.

Hope you understand.