Singapore Expats

does it allow to apply another work pass application while holding IPA letter of other employer

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
bob2105

does it allow to apply another work pass application while holding IPA letter of other employer

Post by bob2105 » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 12:06 am

Hello!

I need some advice from all of you experts, recently I resigned my job from CompanyA and applied to the CompanyB. My work pass has approved & only pending for the collection. Currently I am in notice period at the CompanyA and haven't start at the CompanyB yet.

During my notice period, I receive another job offer from CompanyC with attractive package. For me very hard to reject this offer and personally more prefer to work at the CompanyC. greedy huh :mrgreen:

My questions is-

CompanyC can apply work pass for me while waiting my work pass collection under CompanyB? or should CompanyB cancel my work pass in prior?

Thank in advance all of your advice and suggest [-o<

Regards,

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: does it allow to apply another work pass application while holding IPA letter of other employer

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 9:38 am

bob2105 wrote:Hello!

I need some advice from all of you experts, recently I resigned my job from CompanyA and applied to the CompanyB. My work pass has approved & only pending for the collection. Currently I am in notice period at the CompanyA and haven't start at the CompanyB yet.

During my notice period, I receive another job offer from CompanyC with attractive package. For me very hard to reject this offer and personally more prefer to work at the CompanyC. greedy huh :mrgreen:

My questions is-

CompanyC can apply work pass for me while waiting my work pass collection under CompanyB? or should CompanyB cancel my work pass in prior?

Thank in advance all of your advice and suggest [-o<

Regards,
To answer your title question, YES.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: does it allow to apply another work pass application while holding IPA letter of other employer

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 12:01 pm

I believe you mean no, don't you Squirrel?

He already has his IPA for the new company B. If that's the case, MOM will not entertain another application until the current valid IPA is either canceled or expires (like canned food, they do have an expiration date). If he takes up the position with company B, then he can apply for another job and a new IPA. But historically, I know that a new application will not go through with an outstanding IPA already in hand.

So he will have to go to Company B and ask them to withdraw the IPA so that company C can file a work pass application. The gamble, naturally, is that he is currently working out his notice so will be unemployed shortly and there is always a likelihood that for some reason, Company C cannot get an IPA for him. (different job scope? Different employer-MOM dynamic? No quota (if S pass)? It's always a gamble. Can company C wait that long?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: does it allow to apply another work pass application while holding IPA letter of other employer

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 12:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I believe you mean no, don't you Squirrel?
oops, forgot that he has got his IPA !!

bob2105

Post by bob2105 » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 3:12 pm

thanks ecureilx & sundaymorningstaple for your comments.

So the only way is companyB have to cancel/withdraw my IPA then Company C can apply new work pass application for me :)

regards,

bob2105

Post by bob2105 » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 3:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If he takes up the position with company B, then he can apply for another job and a new IPA.
Hi sundaymorningstaple, if I take up the company B job and accept another job offer (companyC), will it be any cost incur to me for surrender work pass in very short period? Any MOM rules/restriction for this..?

Thanks in advance....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 5:52 pm

You might have to give notice or pay salary in lieu or your Company C might not be able to wait for you. The other thing you have to think about is the fact that Company C will know what you have done and that you have absolutely no sense of loyalty and will let you go and the first sign of a slowdown in all probability. Additionally, if you joined my company and then wanted to leave immediately, I'd take my sweet time about canceling your work pass and would sit on it until I had to cancel it. But you will have to live and learn I reckon. Otherwise, You will not have to pay any more than you have paid for the other applications.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bob2105

Post by bob2105 » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 6:25 pm

thanks! I take all these into consideration.

Regards,