Singapore Expats

When Harry Met Sally?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

When Harry Met Sally?

Post by Guest » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 3:09 pm

I am a thirty-something male, have recently relocated to Singapore from North America with a large MNC. I am attached, however my significant other is not with me. I have very few friends here; most of them are in relationships and it is sometime difficult to hang out with them- they go home after work pretty much every day! Hanging out with twenty-somethings, clubbing all the time is not fun either - no offense to the younger folks, it is just that I am in a different phase of my life. What I really miss is the interaction with opposite sex - sharing this incredible experience in Singapore with someone. I am one of these people who believe it is possible to be just good friends with a person of opposite gender.

No, I am not looking for an affair, simply platonic, fun interaction - sort of like the movie When Harry Met Sally. I am sure there are females out there who are in similar situation as myself, or not. If there is someone who would also appreciate intellectual interaction and friendship with a male without a complicated relationship, we are on the same page. Hanging out at Borders Cafe, sharing each other's perspectives on cultrures, politics and what not, discovering art galleries, restaurants etc. is what I am looking for.

If you are interested in meeting me, share similar perspective on life and are in late twenties/early thirties, please send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Post by Guest » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:47 am

Hi NewInSpore,

I have sent an email with my contact details to you email address.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Mummysgal

Post by Mummysgal » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 2:23 pm

Hi guest from Nth America. U sound like a really nice guy and I like to know u too, Is that ok? I am a really nice fun girl too.

Can my mum come too?

sundaildreams

Post by sundaildreams » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 4:02 pm

i like mummygirl... so sweet and frank.

Mummygirl

Post by Guest » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 4:15 pm

What is this Mummygirl all about? Is she pulling Newinspore's legs? Is this a joke?

sundaildreams

Post by sundaildreams » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 4:35 pm

:) I dun think so... maybe she's just worried that she meets bad pple here, and to have her mom around would be better? Guess she's learning to grow up..

Post by Guest » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 4:42 pm

What is she - 14? ;-)

sundaildreams

Post by sundaildreams » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 5:08 pm

well, if she's that young, then Im suprised she's here. but despite how old we are, to be on our toes is necessary... just dun be parinod

Post by Guest » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:12 am

Dear NewinSpore,

I like your idea and feel the same about ppl somethimes. My colleagues always go home after work most of the times. It is difficult to hang out with them. Yes... I do agree with you.
Sometime, just trying to be a good friend with male friends, it turns out to be another way around. Not simple...

I would like to be a friend like "when harry met sally".
Shall I email you, then????

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Regards, Lomi

Mummysgal

Post by Mummysgal » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 4:31 pm

Hi guest from Nth America,

You'd prob guessed this is a windup! :lol:
Welcome to Singapore and have an enjoyable stay!

To the other postees, relax la, I am not under-aged, just
a young 95 yrs old pushing 100.

Wishing all a very happy and safe Chinese New Yr!
Chin chin