Singapore Expats Forum

When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby Barnsley » Fri, 02 Dec 2016 8:46 am

TMD wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
TMD wrote:The moment when Singapore promises to stop playing its toys at a private playground called "Taiwan". I supposed like any kids with their brand new toys, it takes tough love to remind them about overstaying their welcome... :mrgreen:


You think the indigenous folk of Taiwan asked Singapore to leave?
That's some new thinking on your part.
Do you think the rest of the invaders will be leaving soon as well?


Before I can answer Q1 & Q2, what do you mean with the words "indigenous folk of Taiwan" and " rest of the invaders" ?


The original inhabitants of the Island ..... Or the earliest inhabitants.

The folks who came over after losing a war elsewhere......

How are the 50c piling up now?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

TMD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2015

Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby TMD » Sat, 03 Dec 2016 9:45 am

Barnsley wrote:
TMD wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
You think the indigenous folk of Taiwan asked Singapore to leave?
That's some new thinking on your part.
Do you think the rest of the invaders will be leaving soon as well?


Before I can answer Q1 & Q2, what do you mean with the words "indigenous folk of Taiwan" and " rest of the invaders" ?


The original inhabitants of the Island ..... Or the earliest inhabitants.
The folks who came over after losing a war elsewhere......
How are the 50c piling up now?



Ah..Thanks for clarifying.
I don't think the Taiwanese indigenous folks stand any chance to have any influence on that.

This is like expecting the Aboriginal Australian has a say after "rest of the invaders" in Aussie land welcomes the new "invasion" from a Asian country... :wink:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-19/s ... my/7853160

And thank you very much for asking, but I am doing well and my contribution to this Forum is for free.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9264
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 03 Dec 2016 10:07 am

TMD wrote:Ah..Thanks for clarifying.
I don't think the Taiwanese indigenous folks stand any chance to have any influence on that.

This is like expecting the Aboriginal Australian has a say after "rest of the invaders" in Aussie land welcomes the new "invasion" from a Asian country... :wink:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-19/s ... my/7853160

And thank you very much for asking, but I am doing well and my contribution to this Forum is for free.


I do hope UK doesn't get riled up now ..

TMD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2015

Re: RE: Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby TMD » Sat, 03 Dec 2016 11:36 am

ecureilx wrote:
TMD wrote:Ah..Thanks for clarifying.
I don't think the Taiwanese indigenous folks stand any chance to have any influence on that.

This is like expecting the Aboriginal Australian has a say after "rest of the invaders" in Aussie land welcomes the new "invasion" from a Asian country... :wink:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-19/s ... my/7853160

And thank you very much for asking, but I am doing well and my contribution to this Forum is for free.


I do hope UK doesn't get riled up now ..


I doubt so in our post-Brexit era.
Unless, of course, Australia gov decided to bring back that old tradition of incarcerating English criminals and turn it into another modern-day tourist industry. :mrgreen:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9264
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 03 Dec 2016 5:33 pm

TMD wrote:I doubt so in our post-Brexit era.
Unless, of course, Australia gov decided to bring back that old tradition of incarcerating English criminals and turn it into another modern-day tourist industry. :mrgreen:


by your logic of China dictating terms to Taiwan, why not UK also dictate Who Australia plays with ? After all, the queen is the Head of State for Straya right ? ;)

TMD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2015

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby TMD » Tue, 06 Dec 2016 9:06 am

ecureilx wrote:
TMD wrote:I doubt so in our post-Brexit era.
Unless, of course, Australia gov decided to bring back that old tradition of incarcerating English criminals and turn it into another modern-day tourist industry. :mrgreen:


by your logic of China dictating terms to Taiwan, why not UK also dictate Who Australia plays with ? After all, the queen is the Head of State for Straya right ? ;)


That's your logic, not mine.

Why would UK "riled up" on a former colony which is essentially now an independent state with a seat in the UN and does not conduct in ways that compromise mutual interests ? #-o

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9264
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 06 Dec 2016 10:09 am

TMD wrote:That's your logic, not mine.

Why would UK "riled up" on a former colony which is essentially now an independent state with a seat in the UN and does not conduct in ways that compromise mutual interests ? #-o


I rest my case, Your Honor.

Hence it's proven again that China dictate terms to those she thinks needs to be reined in ...

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9264
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 06 Dec 2016 10:17 am

TMD wrote:That's your logic, not mine.

Why would UK "riled up" on a former colony which is essentially now an independent state with a seat in the UN and does not conduct in ways that compromise mutual interests ? #-o


I rest my case, Your Honor.

Hence it's proven again that China dictates terms to those she thinks needs to be reined in ...

Thanks for your clarification ...

TMD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2015

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby TMD » Tue, 06 Dec 2016 11:10 am

ecureilx wrote:
TMD wrote:That's your logic, not mine.

Why would UK "riled up" on a former colony which is essentially now an independent state with a seat in the UN and does not conduct in ways that compromise mutual interests ? #-o


I rest my case, Your Honor.
Hence it's proven again that China dictates terms to those she thinks needs to be reined in ...Thanks for your clarification ...


Strange...why thank me ?

All I did was to clarify that "logic" wasn't from me and my post ended instead with "?"

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby Barnsley » Mon, 12 Dec 2016 5:53 pm

Why dont Singapore ask TheDonald to get their toys back :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!


TMD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2015

Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby TMD » Mon, 12 Dec 2016 11:26 pm

Barnsley wrote:Why dont Singapore ask TheDonald to get their toys back :D


You mean ASKING assistance from a guy who once promised that "Mexican wall" and prematurely help killed a pet project that Singapore government once lovingly promoted with great enthusiasm over last decade or more ? :mrgreen:

Can any one remember that warning from Singapore PM if the US decided to withdraw from that project ?
Last edited by TMD on Mon, 12 Dec 2016 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TMD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2015

Re: RE: Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby TMD » Mon, 12 Dec 2016 11:27 pm


PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby PNGMK » Tue, 13 Dec 2016 7:02 am

It's a shocking situation actually. I am becoming more and more concerned about a war and we know which sign Singapore will be on.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When China giving Singapore its toys back?

Postby earthfriendly » Tue, 13 Dec 2016 8:47 am

ecureilx wrote:
TMD wrote:That's your logic, not mine.

Why would UK "riled up" on a former colony which is essentially now an independent state with a seat in the UN and does not conduct in ways that compromise mutual interests ? #-o


I rest my case, Your Honor.

Hence it's proven again that China dictates terms to those she thinks needs to be reined in ...

Thanks for your clarification ...


And this time around, it is China that needs to be reined in !


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Latest News & Current Affairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests